What’s causing this ???

MtnOak

Been loading off and on for several years and this started happening yesterday , 308 fed brass, 110grn v-max if I try to seat below 2.8 OAL this is what I'm getting and these bullets are barely seated in the brass, been seating 2.7550 and rifle shoots optimal but starts opening up in 2.8's
why is the bullet pushing the neck down into the shoulder? Load is not compressed, lots of room left between bullet and powder.
3E0AEDBA-4F98-44C5-9525-4A6843798896.jpeg
3E0AEDBA-4F98-44C5-9525-4A6843798896.jpeg

Looks like you are crimping them while trying to seat them deeper. Maybe try backing out your seating die.
I think 7stwnut is right...Is the die adjusted too far down in the press? Try backing the die away from the shell holder a few turns then adjust the seating screw where you need it.

I agree with all above.I don't crimp with my seater die,ever.I set my neck tension with my Redding bushing die and just seat my bullet with seater die to the depth I want.
I then use a Lee factory crimp die to put a light crimp on the case and have never had bullet setback ever.Even on the 300 Weatherby mag I never get bullet setback as the neck tension plus the light crimp is all I ever need.

I also believe they are correct, it looks like when I got to extreme crimp tests/comparisons a few years back. If you are unfamiliar with how to back to crimp tension off for your die just check the directions in the manual... if you don't have it "google" it for your particular die set.

sorry, you were posting while I was so I didn't see this last reply above. There's no way the shoulder threaded down and was crimping while you were actually trying to shorten the depth of seating? It wouldn't take much.

I did one just last nite...280ai...adjusting bullet depth....worse looking than yours...
You might be able to resize those necks enough to chamber them...
Pull them apart..anneal them...try running while still warm...
I haven't done the resize while warm...so let us know if it works.....