combined technology bullets?

ol mike

Howdoo,

Do you guys like the combined technology bullets w/ lubalox?

And is the bc the same as the uncoated nosler bullet?
Midway shows the CT .257 -115gr at 453 bc i think and the Nosler 115 bal. tip less [393].Are they the same?

I've never shot the Nosler combined technology bullets but I have shot alot of Nosler partitions.100 gr and 120 gr I use Serrias 117 gr.

I looked far and wide on noslers site for the -bc's before i asked.
I had to go to nosler reloading and root-around for 20 minutes then saw the little yellow box at the bottom of the page-bullet details.
Anyway thanks for the info still wondering about the lubalox coating and how it fouls? ME

It is my understanding that when Nosler started making the bullets for Winchester the coating they used is Moly not Lubalox
I have read this in a few of the Gun Rags so take the info as such,sometimes thier info is not the best

this is the info i was given when i asked the sam question
hop it helps

BST's are related to Nosler Ballistic Tips. BT's have had mixed results in the field over the years. Some great! and some awful. Some report horrendous meat damage, others have reported them acting like solids. Personally, I would not use BST's on game because I do have so many other choices that are more reliable. The coating is Lubalox, a material Winchester has used on bullets that helps reduce fouling. Here's a quote from Nosler:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO, Lubalox (CT Ballistic Tip) is an oxide-based coating, which reduces fouling and allows more shooting between cleanings, also Lubalox does not buildup in the barrel and requires only normal cleaning procedures.

If it is a non-magnum and the muzzle velocity is below 3000fps, you are probably better off.Magnum muzzle velocities put an enormous stress on bullet construction if used for relatively short shots. My 270WSM 130gr load is consistently just over 3300fps, hence I use a bonded core bullet. My 140gr load is the Barnes TSX, a very good tough bullet. With the TSX, I don't need a 150gr or 160gr load because the weight retention is so high on the TSX.
Another good choice of bullet genre for thin skinned animals up to say 400lbs or so are the newer series of polymer tipped bullets with bonded cores. e.g. Nosler AccuBond, Hornady InterBond and Swift Scirocco. I have developed a load with the Scirocco in my 270WSM that is just superb using Alliant ReLoder 19. Re22 & Re25 also work well with the heavy bullet for caliber combinations. Hodgdon's H4831 and H4350 can also work very well too.

I do know the Lubalox WILL build up and it is an EXPLETIVE to remove if it isn't cleaned frequently. In my barrel that was 30ish shots, yours will vary, you know that. Other than costing $3 more and box and having a gay coating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, they are ballistic tips with different BCs.

My rifle likes both the 100 & 115, but I shoot the 125 Wildcat now.
Ktritch, not meaning to change the subject, but I drove through Lafe Friday on my way home & I hope you did not get any Tornado Damage like I saw South of town.

I guess i'll stick w/the 115gr BT w/out the coating.

I ordered some 115gr bergers but their on back order until august.
I'm going to colorado or wy in oct and need all the help i can get in that wind.ME

I do know the Lubalox WILL build up and it is an EXPLETIVE to remove if it isn't cleaned frequently. In my barrel that was 30ish shots, yours will vary, you know that. Other than costing $3 more and box and having a gay coating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, they are ballistic tips with different BCs.

It does not build up like moly and become hard to clean, it is not moly, great bullet, cleans easy, shoots great and the 180gr in my 30-06 has been very affective on game.

It **** sure builds up and is just about impossible to get out from my personal experience. I had a good shooting 7mm wsm , a solid 3/4" @100yrd rifle I decide to try some of those combined technology bullets in. It is now a solid 2 1/2" rifle. Ruined it in 25 shots ! I have tried a half dozen cleaners and non embedding bore paste to no avail.

Dave, have you had your barrel bore scoped? Are you sure the lubalox is building up? Is it possble your throat is burning out? I have about 100 rounds of of CT 115's through my Sendero 25-06 and it's still a 1/2MOA or better shooter.

Last edited: