Nosler Combined Technology Bullets

zack

Has anyone had trouble with the coating ruining your barrels?? I was told today by my gunsmith that they are coated with teflon and after he shot 100 rounds with them, his accuracy went downhill bad, and he said he couldn't get his barrel clean. I just bought 350 of these in for my 6mmBR in 55gr, to shoot at coyotes and such, but I don't want to use them if they are going to ruin my hart barrel. Any ideas???
Zack

im not sure what that coating really is -after asking the guys at nosler they wouldnt say much as to what it was made of.its called lubalox-here is my view on coated bullets-when u coat a bullet u add another factor into the equation,in my opinion it is a factor that simply isnt needed,naked bullets shoot just fine and have for a long time and will continue to do so for a long time.i have nothing against people who use moly etc..thats there perogative.i guess the real point being is that whenever u add another factor into a difficult equation,it may make it even more difficult,u follow?my-2-dave

btw-what twist are u shooting in you 6br.?i may be able to help with loads for u as i have some experience with this chambering-lol-dave

I have a 1/14 hart barrel. IT shoots the hornady 65 v-maxs like a house a fire. I thought I would try some of the Combined technology for the heck of it..
Zack

I've put over 1000 55 grain bullets through my 22-250, all of them Winchester balistic tips with the moly coating. Accuracy is as good as ever. Anothe case of "expert opinion" not based on fact.

In my experience, I find the moly/lubalox coatings have an added benefit in the friction department. My smaller barrels don't heat up as quick and cleaning is much easier. However, there just isn't and difference that I can tell in the larger bores like the .308 and larger calibers. So, to put this in perspective, I use moly coated bullets in my .223 and 6mm Rem, but I don't moly bullets for my 30-06, 300 WSM, 338 RUM or my 50 BMG.

My experience is from the other end. I have used moly coating in my SAKO .338 Weatherby cal since the late 90s on Nosler Partition 180gn @ 3400+ fps. I know I've shot hundreds with no problem but I don't want to shoot 1,000s just to see.
Good to hear your experience with smaller cals.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts