Colt AR-15 NIB for $194.50

TexasSportsman

I often wondered how much one of these cost back in the day of 1969.

And that was just under $200 and a 21" barrel.

Where's that time machine when you need it. Never loan out to friends or family.

1703183702951.png

Hmmmmm, Some quick google checking on the surface. Average household income in 69 was $9400yr or 71,000 today based on inflation. Buuut, average income is 74,000. Running inflation until today the colt would cost $1500, yet the same Colt is only $1000. The colt cost 2% of annual income in 69 and today it costs less than 1.5%.
I kinda like when having those discussions of well jeez I only made "123" in "XYZ" and now they make "456" gotta be careful because now we have information in seconds. The "data" if you believe it that proves or disproves just as many old guy claims.
Every situation is different. IE: my starting salary in Feb 90 was $2700, yet today the same job position at the same employer starting salary is $5400. Based on inflation in this scenario they are making less today than I did in 90.

Where's that time machine when you need it. Never loan out to friends or family.

View attachment 523880
I refurbished to almost mint condition the COLTEER .22 about 10 years ago and gave it to a friend as a present. It was BEAUTIFUL with 15 coats of hand rubbed oil on the wood and the metal was pristine.
I wish I still had the pics. Would make you CRY.
He sold it at a Gun Show for $150..00 (was I p***ed). So much for giving fine firearms to people that do not know the value of anything.

View attachment 523880
When I was released from the USMC in 1976, I could purchase a Colt AR15.
Should specify that the AR 15 was now the M-16A1 but not full auto for about $450 which was about a months pay as an E-5 in the Marines. Our SGT in the Armory (my good friend brother) was going to give me the extra components to make it AUTO.```````. Told him that I would never hold a BLACK Rifle again.. Well we all had issues back then.

Wish now that I got the components to hide away.
Own several AR for Predators and Varmints of the KIND!
SEMPER FI!

I have a RRA Predator Persuit, in the original box, with an exceptionally low round count. I bought the rifle when Obama was elected because I figured that he would ban them.

Any idea of what it is worth?

I have a RRA Predator Persuit, in the original box, with an exceptionally low round count. I bought the rifle when Obama was elected because I figured that he would ban them.

Any idea of what it is worth?
Since it was in the Obama era is probably worth about $69.36.
Since Jill and I are good members and it's around Christmas we would gladly give you $70.00 and another $10 for shipping to us directly. We are a FFL.

Merry Christmas!!!
HO HO HO

Since it was in the Obama era is probably worth about $69.36.
Since Jill and I are good members and it's around Christmas we would gladly give you $70.00 and another $10 for shipping to us directly. We are a FFL.

Merry Christmas!!!
HO HO HO

Despite the original cost of $1,100, the market has been flooded with AR varients and parts for homemade rifles. This would certainly affect overall market value. However, your offer may be a tad too low for me to bite. :D

Merry Christmas to you too