Colt AR-15 A4 vs DPMS Prairie Panther

I dropped a 3X3 with one shot. AR .223 70grn bullet. It didn't take a single step. Approximately a 50 yard shot. I took my AR because my 30-06 was getting heavy while hiking the mountains. I do mean mountains, upwards of 10,000 feet. Being a vet myself, I'm used to hiking around with that rifle, so I found it more comfortable to carry than my Ought Six.

This is one of my AR15 match rifles. White Oak upper, Vortex HST scope. I've used it in club matches, per NRA High Power rules. I averaged in the 590's/600 points with it at 600 yards. In this picture, I was knocking the rust off of me. I just heard club matches were starting again soon, so got out on my range and shot it, just to make sure I could still sling up! The group is ten rounds at 100, it's 1.25 inches. I still need to knock some rust off, but I'll be ready when the matches start again. By the way, per High Power rules, we single load for the 600 yard line. A well built AR15 is very accurate, some will put to shame bolt action rifle shooters, but that also has something to do with skill level.

Attachments

• IMG-4915.jpg
    IMG-4915.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 24
This is one of my AR15 match rifles. White Oak upper, Vortex HST scope. I've used it in club matches, per NRA High Power rules. I averaged in the 590's/600 points with it at 600 yards. In this picture, I was knocking the rust off of me. I just heard club matches were starting again soon, so got out on my range and shot it, just to make sure I could still sling up! The group is ten rounds at 100, it's 1.25 inches. I still need to knock some rust off, but I'll be ready when the matches start again. By the way, per High Power rules, we single load for the 600 yard line. A well built AR15 is very accurate, some will put to shame bolt action rifle shooters, but that also has something to do with skill level.
Very nice is that a GA trigger 3.5 lbs

I know this is a Old Thread but , I have to put this out there. I have a few friends that I hunt with. That hunt with a AR type weapon. I was in combat for over 12 months and carried a AR. I don't understand why someone would want to hunt anything with a AR. There awkward to hunt with. If your shooting hogs out of a Helicopter, ok I got it. If your going to hunt big game like deer and so on. Buy yourself a hunting Rifle. I know this is a can of Worms , But I'm sorry. I do own AR's but I don't hunt with them. But that's just me. For all you AR guys out there , Be easy on me. LOL
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder 😎