Dpms ar-10 value?

Caleb517

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this Iam new to the fourm, but I've found a used dpms lr-308 that caught my attention. I was looking into buying a long range ar-10 and putting my mods on it, but I found a used one that seems to be a good deal, I looked over it and it doesn't have any sighns of wear and seems to have a low round count the best I can tell, but Iam not sure exactly what to look for, is there anything particular I should look for in terms of wear? It has the following add ons,
Magpaul adjustable stock
Burris scope mounts
Vortex viper pst scope
Cmc trigger
Quad rail
Bi pod
Mag Paul grip
And a few other items,
I know the guy at the shop thats got it and he told me I could have it for $1250 out the door, is it worth that?

With the scope, that seems to be a very good deal. The nice thing about ARs is if something is wacky or off, it's just one or two little parts to change out and you're in business.

If I was looking for one that would be the one I would buy , That sounds like a great deal. And if you have to change out the barrel ....No problem

With the scope, that is a better than fair price. I have a DPMS in 260 Remington and it really shoots well. Lilja makes barrels for the DPMS platform if you want anything other than 308 Win. CMC triggers are way ahead of the factory trigger. The only signs of wear to look at would be the charging handle (cheap anyway), the gas rings; stand the bolt carrier up onto the bolt with it extended and see if it collapses. If it does, the gas rings are worn and the barrel is likely to have throat wear. There can be rust on parts of the bipod if it is left in a humid environment so check that. I say get it anyway for that price. Replace the hand guards with a JP and get an adjustable gas block too. Hell, get a 260 barrel from Lilja while you're at it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this Iam new to the fourm, but I've found a used dpms lr-308 that caught my attention. I was looking into buying a long range ar-10 and putting my mods on it, but I found a used one that seems to be a good deal, I looked over it and it doesn't have any sighns of wear and seems to have a low round count the best I can tell, but Iam not sure exactly what to look for, is there anything particular I should look for in terms of wear? It has the following add ons,
Magpaul adjustable stock
Burris scope mounts
Vortex viper pst scope
Cmc trigger
Quad rail
Bi pod
Mag Paul grip
And a few other items,
I know the guy at the shop thats got it and he told me I could have it for $1250 out the door, is it worth that?
that scope, if its a gen 2 is worth almost 1k right there. At the very least $500

Recent Posts