AR-10 rebarrel

Good morning! I'm looking for a smith to rebarrel a Armalite upper. Recommendations?
Rebarrel as in same cartridge or same barrel into a different cartridge? If you're changing barrel to save the use of the extension you won't be able to get it headspaced correctly without using your bolt. I'd just save time and get a new barrel that's been timed (as in gas port in the correct length with extension positioned correctly) and chambered. You can get Armalite barrels as they have a different gas length than DPMS and Wilson Combat.

Rebarrel as in same cartridge or same barrel into a different cartridge? If you're changing barrel to save the use of the extension you won't be able to get it headspaced correctly without using your bolt. I'd just save time and get a new barrel that's been timed (as in gas port in the correct length with extension positioned correctly) and chambered. You can get Armalite barrels as they have a different gas length than DPMS and Wilson Combat.
Back when I had this gun built AR10, Armalite, I had a upper built in 6mm-22-250. Easy cartridge to make run it thru die seat the bullet go shoot. Used it for 3 seasons, around 2500 rounds. I'd like to get it rebarreled. It's a +2 gas system. Now that Mr White has ceased commercial operations I'm out shopping for a smith.

Back when I had this gun built AR10, Armalite, I had a upper built in 6mm-22-250. Easy cartridge to make run it thru die seat the bullet go shoot. Used it for 3 seasons, around 2500 rounds. I'd like to get it rebarreled. It's a +2 gas system. Now that Mr White has ceased commercial operations I'm out shopping for a smith.
Do you recall the process he did? Sounds like you had a good smith to have work done (no sarcasm implied)!

I never thought about 6mm-22-250. That would be a cool round.