Colorado red flag law passes

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.34.01 PM.png

SAD JUST SAD. Its here in Washington too. It's only a matter of time before the pot boils over. Some will not part with freedom as easily as others and it will be ugly.

Doesn't mean it doesn't still leave things open to abuse of power. Look at what happened in Maryland... Prime example. Pizzed-off ex-wife tells the cops he's crazy, when everyone else says he was not, and the cops bust in and kill him anyway when he refuses to give up his legally-obtained weapons as he's being raided so early in the morning that it's still dark outside... What would you do if someone you didn't know, randomly busted into your house at 5am in the dark, with guns drawn on you?

You tell me that these unlawful and treasonous laws won't get innocent people killed? It already has...Many times. It will only get more commonplace the more states adopt them, and the more insane leftists try to use this as a weapon to harm/disarm conservatives and gun owners without due-process. It has severe chances of being abused.
I would say it's more a certainty than a chance

Really hate to see this and many other things happening in Colorado, a state I used to call home and the place where I cut my hunting teeth on elk, muleys, and speed goats. Colorado used to be a better place. There were really only two issues for us CO hunters then: trying to raise the fees for non-resident tags and CWD.

Now, so much has changed in Colorado that I actually will think twice before heading back there again to hunt. I would prefer to spend money on a hunting vacation in a state that welcomes me and respects my firearms rights instead of trying to restrict them.

If you live in one of the proposed states contact your legislators to oppose it. If you have time, when you go to your local range print out fliers asking folks to contact your state legislators to oppose them. If they are discussed in the comments section of a online article ensure you write your opposition there as well, then post the link to the article here and other gun forums so other gun owners post opposition as well. Make it look that the majority is NOT in favor of these laws.

Also, have a plan if you are in one of those states. A close likeminded friend who will safeguard SOME of your weapons till the problem passes, so you are not without arms.

@jbs2014 - Good advice and I agree. I also support various organizations that fight for our rights and hunting future. I hope more people get involved and join whatever gun/hunting rights group they feel represents them best. Individual and group political efforts are needed.

I know that unless things change this native Coloradan, will be leaving when I can retire. Until then I'll keep signing recall petitions, and voting right of Regan. Unfortunately unless the democratic party has a major melt down and fractures I don't see a way to change things anytime soon, they just have too many votes right now.

Doesn't mean it doesn't still leave things open to abuse of power. Look at what happened in Maryland... Prime example. Pizzed-off ex-wife tells the cops he's crazy, when everyone else says he was not, and the cops bust in and kill him anyway when he refuses to give up his legally-obtained weapons as he's being raided so early in the morning that it's still dark outside... What would you do if someone you didn't know, randomly busted into your house at 5am in the dark, with guns drawn on you?

You tell me that these unlawful and treasonous laws won't get innocent people killed? It already has...Many times. It will only get more commonplace the more states adopt them, and the more insane leftists try to use this as a weapon to harm/disarm conservatives and gun owners without due-process. It has severe chances of being abused.
couldnt have said it better

Since you use it as an example, I'll say, as a fact backed by all published data out there, that every single "****ed off ex wife" story you have, is trumped by minimum 10:1 ratio for females dying by murder suicide at the hands of a male.

"An overwhelming number of familicide cases are perpetrated by non-Hispanic white men — 91 percent, the NIJ said — and 88 percent used a gun, per the NIJ."

IMO, it is a singular, poor example of abuse of power. There is a problem now with the individual's rights stepping on the rights of many. What examples do you want, of those where intervention was necessary and did not happen? The theater shooter was found to be crazy and yet nothing was done. The vet nut that killed Zak Parrish was nutty and nothing was done (this is why the Douglas County sheriff backs this bill). The retarded kid Adam Lonza that blacked out his windows and only communicated by phone to his parents and yet was allow free access to guns without any of US speaking out as to the senselessness of this. Nothing was done, forget any laws, and then he killed many kids. Straight up, for me there is no fear of incrementalism in gun rights in this bill, when so many have proven themselves as completely unworthy of this right. I say this respectful of everyone else's opinions here. I've written it before... it seem as though when you refuse to take the political sides of L or R and think independently, it can certainly isolate you, but I do not care.

You should turn in all your guns then there would be no shootings. I mean if it would save even one life then it shouldn't be a problem infinging on everyones 2A rights. I should just trust the goverment and politicans to protect me. They would never just come take my guns. I am sooo glad this happened and I didn't move to Colorado.

Well Let's just see..Cars are dangerous Powertools are dangerous..Knives are too.
Gasoline and a Bic could be?? Hammers ..Ball Bats.. Golf Clubs.. Hockey Sticks.. Rocks?
Where does it end? How have I made it 66 years having never lived or been to Colorado?

Let's see... you drive dangerously, you lose your license. End of argument.

I'd contend that there are many that will never experience how amazing CO is from corner to corner, in their lifetime. The nature, hunting, geology, indian artifacts, etc., all supersede any political nonsense, IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.