Coal gets longer and longer

I have a rifle that will do this. It has a completely torched throat. Its a 22-6mm. If the barrel is very dirty it will pull the bullet on a loaded round and leave it in the throat. Gotta get a new barrel, but I suspect the throats in the barrel. Carbon? Gunk? Shot out like mine? Mine will completely pull the bullet with proper neck tension and a dirty throat if the bullet is not crimped. Maybe find someone with a borescope and zero in on the throat.
New guns. And we cleaned them really well with everything. Borescope dot and they're spotless

I don't see where anyone mentioned the fact that it could simply be a compressed load. OP states the bullet is really far into the case, could just be that the OAL is growing due to a compressed load. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the rifles and that it might grow on its own, especially .005 that OP states.

I would say the potential for 3 rifles to do the same thing with a reload is slim. Has to be in the ammunition.

Are the loads compressed? Maybe the cycling and bumping is making the bullet move out because its too compressed?

Tried with completely empty case with no primer in and still did it. Black marker on bullet showed no scrapes. I'm going to try it again to see if I missed something the first 3 times.
Any tension or do you feel scrubbing or resistance while closing the bolt?

Recent Posts