Christensen FFT stock problem.

victor3ranger

Has anyone else seen this happen on the new Christensen FFT stock??

Attachments

• 2DF230BD-0BB6-47DE-86A8-6AA7302DC904.png
    2DF230BD-0BB6-47DE-86A8-6AA7302DC904.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 84
Gcn did a YouTube on forged carbon bicycle rims. It's an outfit in Utah right next to Christensen so if I were a betting man it's who's making their stocks. Forging is to the carbon fiber world what OSB is to the plywood world. It's a Torry product with a different binder cooked to cure. I'm guessing yours has a fiber issue or curing issue through the bolt handle area. I say guessing as my experience in Composites is with hand laid layups, heat and compression molds.

Would imagine a crack there us well within the category of mfg defect.

Pull the action and see if it's on the surface just the coating or down in the actual materials.
Looks like it's deeper than paint to me but for sure check that before shooting again. It's sad a nearly 2k rifle needs warranty work but they should take care of you. I've been tickled with my MPR and Ranger so far.

Gcn did a YouTube on forged carbon bicycle rims. It's an outfit in Utah right next to Christensen so if I were a betting man it's who's making their stocks. Forging is to the carbon fiber world what OSB is to the plywood world. It's a Torry product with a different binder cooked to cure. I'm guessing yours has a fiber issue or curing issue through the bolt handle area. I say guessing as my experience in Composites is with hand laid layups, heat and compression molds.

Would imagine a crack there us well within the category of mfg defect.
Well if it's ENVE rims out of UT, they're top of the line in the cycle industry. I have a wheel set on my mountain bike. A wheel set will set you back more than what most folks on here will spend on a custom rifle. Anyway, I highly doubt they'd make gun stocks for CA. And then again…maybe it's a different company.

To the OP, I'd send that back to CA. Any crack in carbon fiber is a done deal product to me. I have carbon everything on my mountain bike. Crack equals cracked up body after that part fails and you wreck.

Mine hasn't been then again it's never left the safe or been shot. Hate I bought lol.