HS precision stock problem

You can try a string line from the center of the rear and front take down screws and see where it ends up at the fore end.
Also look at the recoil lug mortise and see it there is an incomplete cut or depth of the cut. Check dimensions to your action.
Remove the trigger and re-check fit too.

By placing some small balls of modeling clay in a several places in the stock may give you a picture of what is happening, What is touching and where the barreled action is not fitting in the stock and bedding block, May show the problem. Returning the stock to H&S may be your best option.

I have 2 H&S Precision stocks, One fit perfect, One the barrel was slightly right in the channel. I made a paper shim to align the barrel in the stock and used JB metal filled epoxy the line up the action in the aluminum bedding block. Rifle now shoots better than I can shoot it.

I can clearly see the recoil lug is not square to the action screw hole, it is canted.
You will need to have that rectified to get the stock and action to mate up correctly.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.