Cheytac depriming die

jbs2014

Does anyone know who makes a die that can deprime Cheytac based cartridges. The Hornady die, despite what they claim, does not work, the case does not even fit.

Thank you

How about the Frankfort Arsenal hand deprimer? I was looking at the universal decapping dies for the .338LM and none looked large enough to accommodate the case body. I saw one in action and it worked slicker than snot. I picked up one the next day. Well made out of mostly metal. I don't know how much larger the case body is, but that could be your ticket.

How about the Frankfort Arsenal hand deprimer? I was looking at the universal decapping dies for the .338LM and none looked large enough to accommodate the case body. I saw one in action and it worked slicker than snot. I picked up one the next day. Well made out of mostly metal. I don't know how much larger the case body is, but that could be your ticket.
I have that already, Cheytac won't fit in it. It's great for 338-378

So Mighty Armory has not made a depriming die for the cheytac cases yet. Right now I deprime .408 with my .375 CT neck sizing die. Does anyone know of any company that is planning to make a depriming die for cheytac cases? Any custom die makers that you all would recommend?

It would be expensive but contact Newlon precision. Have him make you a FL blank with the proper decapping Rod. Then have your smith chamber the die.

A Wilson decapping base would work too.

Sinclair might make you a custom decapper.

What's wrong with decapping while you size?

Just brainstorming here...

Joe

It would be expensive but contact Newlon precision. Have him make you a FL blank with the proper decapping Rod. Then have your smith chamber the die.

A Wilson decapping base would work too.

Sinclair might make you a custom decapper.

What's wrong with decapping while you size?

Just brainstorming here...

Joe

I anneal before I resize. I will look up Newlon precision. Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.