Priming and depriming.

I have a stupid question so bear with me. I read the thread about priming with a hand primer vs a press. I have a press that I got from a buddy. All I want to do is prime brass for my muzzleloader. I will also have to be able to knock out the spent primer. Do I have to use reloading dies to accomplish this task? I have never reloaded anything before so this is all new. Thanks for the help.

I'm curious what you mean by Brass? It's possible that you are using a rifle I have never seen since I don't follow Muzzleloaders very closely. Every muzzleloader I have used you charge the muzzle, then attach a primer or firing cap. I'm guessing if you have brass you would need a sizing/decapping die. If you don't have a chambering for the brass you might be able to get away with using a universal decapping die, and the priming arm on the press

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.