Depriming live primers

That's crazy! They are marked small rifle primers. That would be why I'm having this problem. Ok, well that is easy to fix. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, small pistol primers. Large primers would be to large in diameter to fit. LOL

It's possible that they really are rifle primers and they're just at the extreme end of the tolerance spectrum. The max allowable height dimension for a pistol primer is very close to the minimum allowable dimension for a rifle. Combine that with brass that might be on the far end of the allowable tolerances and you end up with problems like you're seeing.

Not to leave this thread hanging, I deprimed the cases without issue using my resizing die. Just lengthened the depriming pin. I also tried some different primers and found that this was a primer issue and not a case issue. I think that the primers that I bought were indeed pistol primers that were mislabeled. The new primers seat just fine. I am still not very impressed with the quality of this brass, but at least it will be usable for now. I have ordered some better quality brass that should be here later in the week.
Thank you again for all of the input with this issue, it has been a big help!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.