Chassis, good, bad, or indifferent

MPA Master Piece Arms hunting Chassis. we going buying a few for custom hunting rifles.

We also have MDT LSSAW (not sur of the Modelb Folder with out .204 Ruger
We use it for PD and chucks. Changed it out of a Target Grey Laminated Stock. Great Stock, But what we could do with the MDT was optionless.
Shooting a .204 Ruger with a Target Grey Rifle & Barrel. I had the barrel re-crowned and it shot 0.156 with 39gr SBK on top of H-7895

And an Accuracy International in .AXIC in .260 Rem - LOVE IT Shoots <1/4"MOA

I have posted this before in saying a chassis has multiple dimensions for fitting the stock for any shooter. That is the greatest benefit, however there are some negatives in that it can be a bit heavier than a composite stock for one. And second, since there are many mechanical fasteners there are opportunities for them loosening up. Note: always have hex wrenches and screw driver set in your bag. You could loctite all the mechanical joints too I suppose. Finally, as mentioned it can be cold in the hands at very low temperatures.

I have posted this before in saying a chassis has multiple dimensions for fitting the stock for any shooter. That is the greatest benefit, however there are some negatives in that it can be a bit heavier than a composite stock for one. And second, since there are many mechanical fasteners there are opportunities for them loosening up. Note: always have hex wrenches and screw driver set in your bag. You could loctite all the mechanical joints too I suppose. Finally, as mentioned it can be cold in the hands at very low temperatures.
Murphy repellant = Loc-tite!
We should all be checking our scope ring screws and base screws every outing. Heat/cold differences with expansion & contraction of metals. Steel vs aluminum stuff. I didn't think it would make that much difference until I saw a video of "Winning in the Wind" match shooter on youtube. I started checking my stuff and sure enough I found some slight creep out of the torque value.

Murphy repellant = Loc-tite!
We should all be checking our scope ring screws and base screws every outing. Heat/cold differences with expansion & contraction of metals. Steel vs aluminum stuff. I didn't think it would make that much difference until I saw a video of "Winning in the Wind" match shooter on youtube. I started checking my stuff and sure enough I found some slight creep out of the torque value.
With the chassis, I had to check the torque values on the action screws every time I took it out prior to a shooting session. So add a torque driver to your pack also.

One reason you see "chassis" for PRS competition is weight tuning - lots of options to add weights to get the balance for shooting off barricades. Also most chassis have some form of "mini-chassis" for action to chassis fit (although I still hear about bedding chassis). I moved from a "chassis" to a Foundation stock for PRS - something magical about the machined micarta.

My FixItStix kit stays in my range bag - used most range trips!

I used to hate chassis. Now that I've been shooting them in competition I've moved everything to chassis. The best thing is that, as I shoot more and make subtle changes to cheek height and LOP, I can then adjust every chassis to that. It's much more difficult to adjust a stock. Sure, I can conform to something that doesn't 'fit' right but I don't have to with a chassis.
This!

If they come out with a tikka version that takes T3x mags, weighs ~2.5 pounds and has a slimmer more rounded edged forend it will be even better

I have the CA chassis and I love it. The adaptability and adjustment options for fit make the chassis a winner. I especially like the folding feature. Put it in a pack or sling it, either way it's better to carry when short. I'd much rather go that route than a short barrel.

One thing to keep in mind. If you have a M700 clone action, you get stocks with the AICS magwell, you can drop your barreled action into a variety of stocks per the specified use. I have a hunting stock, range stock, and a couple stocks I like so much I just kept both. It really transforms that one barreled action into different rifles.