Changes to March Scopes

Rflamm250

I recently purchased my 3rd March 2.5x25-52 and noticed they changed some things. Mainly the parallax adjustment has a lot more travel. It seems like it is going to have more fine adjustment to it. I don't know if its me but the eye box seems more forgiving too. I have not had a chance to get it into the field yet. Any one else find anything else new about them. My other 2 are not old at all maybe 2-4 yrs old. Not sure when they made the change.

Been looking hard at the new FX 4.5-28×52 WA w. High Master glass. Might be my next scope.
I did not realize they were coming out with a new one. I have been so happy with the first 2 I figured I would just stick with it. I have not had a chance to get out and compare but just here at the house (400yrds) the glass on the new one seems a bit brighter. I will get out this weekend and put it side by side with my older ones and compare.

This is great news if they have solved the finicky parallax issue that plagued some of the older models. I never owned one but did get a chance to get behind one about 4 years ago. Great glass, light weight and very wide power range. I just could get past the parallax.

This is great news if they have solved the finicky parallax issue that plagued some of the older models. I never owned one but did get a chance to get behind one about 4 years ago. Great glass, light weight and very wide power range. I just could get past the parallax.
I actually got used to the old style parallax and liked it. LOL One big selling point for me with the march scopes was how well the parallax matched up to the focus. For some reason on most scopes (not March) when I get the objective focused there is parallax , then when I get the parallax out the image is not in focus. I do have horrible eyes though.

My opinion was a sample size of just one so take that for what is worth. I really wanted to like it but in the end I went with the TT M model and gave up some top end mag as well as weight savings. Very happy with the TT.

My opinion was a sample size of just one so take that for what is worth. I really wanted to like it but in the end I went with the TT M model and gave up some top end mag as well as weight savings. Very happy with the TT.
I have heard great things about the TT as well. I actually thought about them. I was in the market for a scope on a rifle I just mess around with (6xc) Started out on the cheap, bought a Vortex Viper sold immediately, ordered a Zeiss V6 and the rear bell was so big my bolt would hit it not allowing to eject, so I sent it back. By then I just said the heck with it and bought another March.

This was exactly my situation as well. Had some TT315M, and had wanted a March for years. Got a 3-24×52 and had it about a year. Having many other truly top tier glass made me opt to sell it and buy another TT315M.
I was shooting with a bunch of guys and looked through one with the High Master glass, and was impressed enough that the new 4.5-28×52 is now on my short list again.

I was shooting with a bunch of guys and looked through one with the High Master glass, and was impressed enough that the new 4.5-28×52 is now on my short list again.
When I get up in the 20x power range I generally like to have a 56mm objective out front. Did you get a chance to shoot in lower light at full power ? I do love the light weight and compact design, especially the turrets, of the March for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts