CEB Single Feed

Ucsdryder

Any other reasons these are single feed besides the fact they possibly won't fit? Picked up some 145 single feeds and they're actually shorter COAL than my current 180eldms.

Any other tips when running these bullets? I know they say to run the ring right in front of the case, but can you micro tune by extending the bullet out farther, or does the ring need to stay right in front of the case mouth?

I'll be running it in a 7saum with h4350. Looks like I should load from 55-62 and go from there for pressure signs.

Attachments

• A07BEB0F-8EC6-4C56-9227-A3708E853D37.jpeg
    A07BEB0F-8EC6-4C56-9227-A3708E853D37.jpeg
    954 KB · Views: 70
  • 8D07114A-69B3-460A-917A-D6D89F78DCF9.jpeg
    8D07114A-69B3-460A-917A-D6D89F78DCF9.jpeg
    891.4 KB · Views: 38
Any other reasons these are single feed besides the fact they possibly won't fit? Picked up some 145 single feeds and they're actually shorter COAL than my current 180eldms.

Any other tips when running these bullets? I know they say to run the ring right in front of the case, but can you micro tune by extending the bullet out farther, or does the ring need to stay right in front of the case mouth?

I'll be running it in a 7saum with h4350. Looks like I should load from 55-62 and go from there for pressure signs.
The only thing I can figure is that some are specifically designed to feed from Magazines while others are not.

I would imagine that using a controlled round feed action would largely if not completely eliminate that as an issue.

Probably should call them and ask if there's a particular reason behind the guidance.

The only thing I can figure is that some are specifically designed to feed from Magazines while others are not.

I would imagine that using a controlled round feed action would largely if not completely eliminate that as an issue.

Probably should call them and ask if there's a particular reason behind the guidance.
Was planning on calling next week but figured someone might have used them in the past.

Cutting Edge Bullets single feed vs non single feed is based on the placement of the seal tight band. Not all of their bullets have both options available. The single feeds will have the STB closer to the boat tail. The non single feeds will have the STB closer to the ogive allowing it to be seated deeper into the case.

they call it single feed because if you load to the seal tight band like recommended the OAL. will be longer than saami spec.

case 2.035
tip to band .937
total 2.972

please report back with what they say, interested as well. I can't see why you couldn't mag load the SF's if you got the room to do it.
I told you the difference above. It has absolutely nothing to do with wether or not it will feed from a magazine. If you put a 185 Lazer single feed in a 7 SAUM for instance on a long action it feeds fine. If you try the same bullet in a 28 Nosler and a 3.7" mag box the STB will be stuffed down in the case.

Non single feed .338 250 Lazer
Same bullet but single feed

You can clearly see the difference in the STB location.

Recent Posts