single stage press

That was my thinking when I bought my chucker. I regret that now...

Buck, I believe very accurate ammo can be produced on the chucker. I know my chucker can produce more consistent ammo (measurement wise) than my Dillon 550 could. Yet there have been people to win national matches using a Dillon progressive press.

Don't get me wrong I want a Co-ax too but there are tricks to make great ammo on any press. One is use Forster full length dies (I am a little biased hear). Two, regardless of the die make firm contact with the shell holder. Three, move any expander ball up as high as possible and keep it loose so it can float. Four, when seating a bullet partially raise ram to just touching the bullet lower and raise again (this center's case) partially seat bullet turn case and repeat the whole procedure 2 or 3 times.

I've tried every trick in the book and it comes down to the Chucker as the only possible variable at least for mine. It just feels sloppy. I actually seat with my Lee cast as it puts out more concentric ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.