First reloading press- single stage??

I have a rock chucker that has been awesome for single stage press, I also have a Dillon 650xl that is awesome I use it mostly for pistol at the moment, I've used the lee progressive press before and it worked, both lee and dillons customer service is next to none. I've never had to deal with RCBS at all. I would love to buy a T7 someday though!!

I am looking to buy a pres and start reloading as well. I was wondering about the amount of force required to cycle the Forester Co Ax compared to the Redding Big Boss? Does one press do something better than the other?

I like the Co Ax for changing dies without needing a bushing set up to not change the die adjustment as well as how quick it would be to swap dies.

I like the Redding Bid Boss for its O style press body.

Would like to know more about the feel from someone who has or had both.

I currently don't have anything so if one makes more sense as the do all press please include that info.

I have a rock chucker that has been awesome for single stage press, I also have a Dillon 650xl that is awesome I use it mostly for pistol at the moment, I've used the lee progressive press before and it worked, both lee and dillons customer service is next to none. I've never had to deal with RCBS at all. I would love to buy a T7 someday though!!

When you say customer service is "next to none," Are you saying close to no service at all as in non existant or no other company comes close to being as good as Dillion and Lee?

I have RCBC, Hornady and a Lee Hand Held. I've also extensively used Dillons. +1 for you to get a RCBS to start with but the Lee will get you started just fine also. Next spring hit the garage/ yard sales and see if you can pick up so used presses or equipment for cheap. Right now due to limited space I've been using my Lee Hand Held to partial/ neck size only for my PSS 308. Makes sub moa ammo for me just like it did back in 1991 when I got out of the Army.

When you say customer service is "next to none," Are you saying close to no service at all as in non existant or no other company comes close to being as good as Dillion and Lee?
I've had to deal with both companies and both where great to deal with I broke something on my Dillon and they covered it and shipped me a new one the same day and I had it in less than two days. I had to get a part for my lee when I had one and they where exlent to deal with as well

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts