Carbon Six Barrels custom barrel... anyone?

WahooYahoo

I'm looking into getting a carbon barrel for another Remage build (7 Sherman Max, 1:8 x 26" remage prefit). In my search I came across the Carbon 6 custom barrels. Instead of ordering a blank and sending it off, I can order a barrel ready to spin up on my build. Has anyone ordered on like this? Any feedback?

They use McGowen barrels, I've had a few and they are hit or miss for accuracy.
The last one had terrible copper fouling
If you're dead set on CF ( which I personally wouldn't recommend) then get a proof

I have built 3 with carbon six barrels and have had nothing but good luck with them. Only one was pre-chambered, a 284 that I put together for a friend. All three shoot extremely well.

I have built 3 with carbon six barrels and have had nothing but good luck with them. Only one was pre-chambered, a 284 that I put together for a friend. All three shoot extremely well.
Its the pre-chambered part I'm not sure about. Glad to hear you had good experience with that one. My initial thought was "is the chamber cut by some dude, on Friday evening just before the quittin bell rings or a tenured smith with a little OCD" (CDO if you have it).
My preferred smith is the latter. My doctor's office isn't as clean and organized as his shop. He's is meticulous but S. L. O. W. If the outcome from Carbon Six is as good, I'm not afraid to go that route but I've made decisions before that lacked patience... they get pricey.

Didn't ask. I saw one that was a good deal and asked him about it. He said he won't used them. That was good enough for me

McGowen barrels are either hit or miss, had two one was OK after my smith recrowned and rechambered it....it was brand new, nuff said. I gave him the other cause he's a buddy and I figured he'd be doing some work on it to use it in a build anyway. When I saw they were doing the barrels for Carbon Six I lost interest.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.