Carbon Six barrels ?

I can't answer profile difference but.... I ordered a featherweight in 22", it's in and my gunsmith is finally able to work in my rifle... hopefully won't be long now!
Initial impression... it's longer than 22". Idk what happened, if there was a miscommunication between me and my gunsmith or between the gunsmith and carbonSix but it's closer to 23-24". Not the end of the world, it will just be a tad longer with the suppressor on. As far as weight goes.... it's heavy IMO... I expected lighter. It's the same weight, if not a tad heavier than the 25" fluted Brux Sporter barrel I got rid of for this.
I had to order a new stock also.... so that will take some time also.

I'll report back once it's done.

I've got a carbon 6 24inch 7 rem mag tikka prefit in their light profile on the way. I ordered it a couple weeks ago. I'll post results when I get it.

I ordered my barrel on 11/26/18, got shipping notice on 2/21/19 and it is scheduled to hit the smith's door on 2/27/19.
13 weeks 2 days

This is an 18" 6mm barrel in the magnum contour...or medium as they call them now with the muzzle finishing @ .900". This barrel will be chambered in 6mm Creedmoor.

I did not read through every post. Carbon Six barrels use Mcgowan blanks. So does Fierce. They seem to shoot but I feel there are better options when the price is the same. Benchmark makes one of the best barrels available. I am starting load development right now on an HCA barrel. My Christensen and Proof barrels shoot very well.

Still waiting on the weather here to get some trigger time . I have two fresh builds to test . 338 Rum with a 30 " Benchmark carbon and a 338 Edge with a 30 " full bull Proof . Excited to shoot them to say the least but this -18 wind chill has me house bound !!

From what I'm seeing Carbon Six is about $100 cheaper, but is it worth the wait when you can get a Proof barrel through a dealer?

Rum Man, is that Benchmark, a Hell's Canyon barrel? If so how do you think it would do with a silencer on it?

Thanks
idcwby

idcwby
I'm not sure about the Benchmark barrel I picked it up from another member here. I'm sure i could do some research and find out .
I havent had the chance to fire it yet but I see no reason a can wouldn't work ?

idcwby
I'm not sure about the Benchmark barrel I picked it up from another member here. I'm sure i could do some research and find out .
I havent had the chance to fire it yet but I see no reason a can wouldn't work ?
The Hells Canyon ones have carbon to the end of the muzzle.

idcwby

Here is the end of the barrel .
20190226_194928.jpg

Hope it helped you out !

My Smith told me this one was going to be a shooter !
My wife will find out this Spring Bear Hunt !

Ya. I'm leaning more towards the proof barrel, just to speed the process up.

What you expecting for velocity with those two guns?

Thanks
idcwby

My one 338 edge pushes a 300 smk at 2890 and groups great. If I can get 2850 to 2950 with the new Proof edge with 300 bergers I would be happy . The Rum I'm not sure . I'm going to try the 285 eldm, 300 smk and the 300 bergers .
I lost almost 4 pounds with this new proof edge build . It should be better on me packing in the Mountains .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.