Carbon Six barrels ?

@codyadams Do you have any personal experience with HCA barrels, or could you compare them to Carbon six? At $628, HCA are actually a touch cheaper than the Carbon six...... I hate the idea of dropping that much on a blank to have buyers remorse...:( But I'm intrigued by the apparent difference from HCA and other carbon barrels.....

Last edited:
@codyadams Do you have any personal experience with HCA barrels, or could you compare them to Carbon six? At $628, HCA are actually a touch cheaper than the Carbon six...... I hate the idea of dropping that much on a blank to have buyers remorse...:(

I'm not Cody but here's what I know. I believe carbon 6 uses a Mcgowen blank. Hells canyon uses a benchmark blank. CA seem to be shooting very well also and their barrels are pretty inexpensive when they have their sale.

I don't have personal experience with HCA but I have seen great things from his customers and heard nothing bad about their barrels. Will probably be the next carbon barrel I purchase.

I'm waiting on one in 22" featherweight for a suppressed 6 creed build also.

Awesome, will be cool to compare in the same chambering. I went with the magnum contour. The barreled bighorn origin action will sit in a manners compact stock for a super compact rig.

I'm waiting on one in 22" featherweight for a suppressed 6 creed build also.
So maybe I'm thinking into this too much, but would there be an issue with threading a suppressor against carbon?
I just read that they can be cut to any length and threaded, but the wrap will go to the end.
I'm looking for a rebarrel for a suppressor build

So maybe I'm thinking into this too much, but would there be an issue with threading a suppressor against carbon?
I just read that they can be cut to any length and threaded, but the wrap will go to the end.
I'm looking for a rebarrel for a suppressor build

There is about 1.5" of steel barrel at the muzzle for threading

I think he's asking about the HCA barrels. The Carbonsix has steel at the muzzle as noted above just like a Proof or CA. I don't see that it would be a problem unless you had a direct thread can that shouldered right up against the carbon and you were running a full auto and got the can blazing hot. I could be wrong though. Might want to ask HCA directly or maybe someone with some experience with their barrels and cans can chime in.

I think it would be fine with a muzzle brake, it does say on there that they leave enough material to thread 5/8x24, so you could get around this by having it threaded 9/16x24 or 1/2x28 depending on the caliber you were using, and you would have a partial metal shoulder to help support, not just the cf. Or, HCA may be saying that there is enough material that a 5/8x24 thread would have a partial shoulder, so all the pressure wouldn't be just on the cf. I do not know.

I do absolutely see the problem with a direct thread suppressor though, it says in there not to exceed 240 degrees with cerakote curing, a supressor fired rapidly could easily exceed this. I would think you would want an adapter for sure, if you ever planned on any type of rapid fireing, it may even be an issue on a prs rifle, not sure how hot the can would get in a course of fire.

I think he's asking about the HCA barrels. The Carbonsix has steel at the muzzle as noted above just like a Proof or CA. I don't see that it would be a problem unless you had a direct thread can that shouldered right up against the carbon and you were running a full auto and got the can blazing hot. I could be wrong though. Might want to ask HCA directly or maybe someone with some experience with their barrels and cans can chime in.
That's my point.
Obviously before i buy one I'd call TBAC and HCA to confirm.
It would be a CB mount that I use.
I love the fact that HCA is using Benchmark barrels. Haven't heard a bad thing yet about them.

Gents look up Mystic Precision and Talk to Jerry Teo he swears by these Carbon Six barrels. When I was going to do a carbon build it was a toss up between HC and CS.
I have run Mv Gowen barrels in the past on a couple 260s they were stupid accurate.

stop-looking-at-guns-youalready-have-20-why-cant-you-7453984.png

I got caught looking at barrels again, can anyone else relate? :rolleyes:

Below is from HCA on the question of how a brake shoulders on their barrels.... sadly I neglected to ask about suppressor heat.....Sorry guys! I really am thinking about try a HCA for a Sherman Short build......I just can't decide between 6.5 and 338! Hopefully this helps someone.

The core is .650" OD, 5/8:24 threads are cut at .623 OD but depending on the thread relief of the brake the brake can still bottom on the carbon. Which is a non-issue, but does leave the possibility of someone getting very aggressive with tightening their brake with a wrench or other means and compressing the carbon at the end. It won't delaminate or anything though. I tighten my brakes to a pretty snug fit by hand with a drop of blue loktight and dont' have issues.

Does anyone know the profile differences between the Carbon 6 & Proof barrels?

Thanks
idcwby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.