Carbon Six barrels ?

troupe

Looking for any feed back on the Carbon Six barrels. I have had the Proof barrels, Carbon Six is less money. Any feed back would be appreciated. Accuracy, weight, time to get a barrel, etc.

Thanks in advance

Looking for any feed back on the Carbon Six barrels. I have had the Proof barrels, Carbon Six is less money. Any feed back would be appreciated. Accuracy, weight, time to get a barrel, etc.

Thanks in advance
Their wait time is the same I am seeing other companies state for their barrels. I can tell you their customer service is great. I ordered a barrel for a .338 Norma with a 1.350" shank and they sent me the wrong one, one with a 1.200" shank. I called them, and they sent me a return label and the proper barrel within 3 weeks, and upon arrival I sent them back their barrel. They are great to talk with, seem like good guys.

As far as the barrel, I jist got it back from the smith yesterday, but I know that a local smith (strait jacket armory) uses them on his rifles sometimes, and also on his daughters PRS rig, and it has turned in some tiny one hole 10 shot groups.

So far I'm happy with it, but time will tell how much of a shooter it is
20181219_232901.jpg

Tag. I've got one being made now for an 18" 6mm creed that will be run suppressed. Straightjacket is gonna do a shouldered prefit for my bighorn origin. Will report back.

I am also very interested in their barrels. I dug through the depths of the internet not too long ago looking for info and I found nothing but good reviews on them.

Just to throw in another good option, hells canyon armory finally got a web site up and running, and they make awesome barrels that are lighter than all the others. Made in Idaho, and use benchmark barrels. Check em out here

https://www.hellscanyonarmory.com/

I've been looking at these as well. Do you know of any information regarding their contours? Looks like there is a heavy hunter, lite hunter and a tactical. Looked all over site but didn't find anything.

I've been looking at these as well. Do you know of any information regarding their contours? Looks like there is a heavy hunter, lite hunter and a tactical. Looked all over site but didn't find anything.
Ya, the site is pretty new, like within the last week I believe. I didn't find any info either, other than weight of each contour. I'll leave some feedback on his FB page about possibly adding a contour schematic for his barrel contours.

Just found barrel contour info. Go here:

https://www.hellscanyonarmory.com/carbon-barrels

And scroll to the bottom. It says the measurements of the barrel contours. Looks like the heavy hunter would be just a touch heavier than a Sendero contour, which are usually .830" at the muzzle, and this is .860"

Got it. Thanks! Couldent see it on phone. Switched over to desktop view and there it was.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.