Carbon fiber barrels...

Thanks went and checked it out. I may just have to do that. But would rather find another bolt so I could switch out as my Tikka is almost a brand new 6.5 Creedmoor at the moment.

Last edited:
I know the Tikka T3 bolt face on magnum bolt face is 13.5 mm and regular face is 12mm Is there any difference in length or any thing else different about the bolt or is it just the bolt face? Also bottom metal difference ?

369.00 for new bolt for Tikka T3.I did find a place that has regular in stock but magnum out of stock .
Dang, $250 more and you can pretty much buy a brand new mag bolt face rifle shipped and ffl paid for.

Dang, $250 more and you can pretty much buy a brand new mag bolt face rifle shipped and ffl paid for.

Actualy found a guy who open up bolt and ream my 6.5 creedmoor to 6.5 PRC for about the same price as the new bolt. Seeing mine is the CTR magazine should work fine as well.

Found a guy that can open up bolt to 6.5 PRC and ream my barrel which is 6.5 creedmoor to 6.5 prc and put 6.5 prc on my barrel for the price of new bolt 385.00 which I feel is a great price. He said because my rifle is a CTR that the PRC round should fit my magazine ok.

Last edited:
Found a guy that can open up bolt to 6.5 PRC and ream my barrel which is 6.5 creedmoor to 6.5 prc and put 6.5 prc on my barrel for the price of new bolt 385.00 which I feel is a great price. He said because my rifle is a CTR that the PRC round should fit ok.

Would that be Shaen?

Would that be Shaen?
Yes it would be seemed like a very nice guy when I spoke with him on phone. He told me that because my rifle was a CTR that my magazine should work as well. The PRC is 2.95 inches max length and inside CTR is 2.98 tight fit. From all that I could find out. Looking at reload data the 147 eld match c.o.l. is 2.95 others are shorter. Has anyone on here loaded longer than that? Now this is what the reported 308 CTR magazine measured according to article I read. I believe 6.5 Creedmoor uses same magazine in CTR.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.