Carbon fiber barrel weight comparison

6mm06guy

I'm going to purchase a carbonfiber barrel for a 270 weatherby build I have going, but I have 2 other brands of barrels, one is a Christianson, and the other is a hells canyon armory. The hells canyon is way heavier, and I'd like something much lighter for this build. Does anyone have a xcaliber carbonfiber lite? I have had good luck with there barrels but no experience with the carbonfiber ones.

Personally I'd opt for a Carbon barrel with a bit heavier steel core.
HCA Heavy Hunter or a Bartlein #4

HCA also has a couple lighter options,
Light Hunter, or Ultralight Summit.

YMMV.

X-caliber Carbon Fiber, Lightweight contour (0.990 muzzle), 26", 300 Win Mag chambered, 5/8x24 muzzle threads, Savage Small shank = 46.8 oz naked.

A proof sendero light, xcal light, C6 ultralight all will be within a couple ounces of each other.
This is the stuff I'm interested in, I was reading another thread and they said the hca, proof, and some other barrel were the heavy ones. But I have never got to mess with a proof.

I'm not sure of what size the core is on a bsf, but they are the lightest cf barrels out there! A 26" is 43.7ozs , but the AR barrel are 4.4ozs lighter (based on 24"). Their BA barrel have a full covered barrel unlike the AR's having slot cuts.

I'd bypass the carbon in a shorter barrel(22" or less) and stick with sporter.....
Heck...my 26" sendero proof was so front heavy I had 4" cut off...now it's nice to carry....and still shoots good...

Didn't lose enough weight in my next build with a 22" sendero lite and L/A AntiX to make a difference between it and an old 700 and 23" #2 fluted steel.....

Don't waste money....

I'd bypass the carbon in a shorter barrel(22" or less) and stick with sporter.....
Heck...my 26" sendero proof was so front heavy I had 4" cut off...now it's nice to carry....and still shoots good...

Didn't lose enough weight in my next build with a 22" sendero lite and L/A AntiX to make a difference between it and an old 700 and 23" #2 fluted steel.....

Don't waste money....
Kinda the reason I'm not buying another cf barrel is not enough weight difference between a Savage magnum contour and a magnum cf. 32" ss barrel and a 30" cf of only ~14ozs. Although the cf was 2" shorter, the ss could weigh within 2-3ozs if it were 30".