Cant Decide....

Good Morning, well, seems I'm stuck again. I am a huge fan of the 7mm08. I shoot 162 gr SST's in a Rem 700 short action and a factory detachable mag. Its a factory gun, and a true 3/4 inch rifle when I do my part. So here is the rub. The 162 sst is way down in the powder column and the boattail is past the neck/shoulder junction. The detachable mag max length wont allow me to seat the bullet out far enough to get the length I need. I don't think and magazine assembly for the short action will allow the length I need. So, I am thinking about getting a Zermat Origins Action in medium length and build the rifle I have always wanted. I can swap around and pick up a long Rem 700 action and have it accurized, or go the route of the Zermat. What would you do in this situation?
Zermat

Since the rifle is solid I would put the Wyatt box in it and IMO it would be finished. If the rifle wasn't solid I would 100% go with the build but you have ONE thing holding it back, and that one thing is fairly simple and relatively inexpensive to correct. If you did this while you were acquiring the parts to build another it would keep you busy and out of the pool hall......
Dunno, that pool hall is calling my name...

If you love your Rem you could do this.

Takes a GS to do it right, work the feeding, but can allow you to load em long. I did this an it's about 1/3 the cost of the new action. BUUUTTTT a new rifle is always fun...

Wyatt's makes a 3.23" mid length it also but it will may only work on the 700 because of the way the bolt stop is.