Cane corso dog

soundwaves

Just got my self a Cane Corso puppy for guard dog use against thives..! now these dogs are ment to be good at wild boar hunting. just wondering if anyone here knows how these dogs hunt ? do l just let it loose and it snifes out the boars if there is any around ? :D any experiance is welcome. lm fimiliar with small hounds that are used for wild boar hunts ( barking dogs ) but have no experiance hunting with or training a CANE CORSO to HOG HUNT.

any advise will be helpfull
thanks

just found out the answer for my question on the internet.

aparently thay are Catch dogs that are relised after the Bay dogs corner the PİG.

well l gues he will be staying in my garden to do his guarding job while l go hunting :)

seems pointles to use a catch dog to hold on to a cornered boar when you could just shoot it with a big gun after it is cornered by your bat dogs. and seems to me that the wild boar could sometimes really hurt the dog that is trying to pin it down.

Probably a wise choice. Hogs can really rip up a dog. Here the serious hog hunters have armor (kevlar and cordura) protecting their catch dogs necks and chests.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.