Can you make $ culling hogs in TX?

Outerspace

Off the wall question was wondering if anyone knows if there are farmers or ranchers in TX (or any state for that matter) that would pay money to have wild hogs culled from their property.

Googling hasn't really provided a definitive answer, in so many words.

Off the wall question was wondering if anyone knows if there are farmers or ranchers in TX (or any state for that matter) that would pay money to have wild hogs culled from their property.

Googling hasn't really provided a definitive answer, in so many words.

I don't know any that will pay but many will let you hunt free if you ask them and they
trust you.

There is a market over seas but the hogs have to be alive (Trapped).

There have been several free hunts Posted on this web site so you might do a search.

J E CUSTOM

Most Ranchers found a market for letting people shoot hogs \. The best you can do is if they will let you shoot for free. Don't know any that pay to have them shot.

I do in GA. But I've known the folks I work for,for years once in a while you can pick up a new client for a couple of months until you kill 25 or so & they think the problems are over.But in the real world the hogs just leave for a while.It works for me call backs are always welcome.gun)

You can but wont make a living off of it. We trap alot and sell them. Sometimes we have to split the cost with the land owner. We also catch them with dogs and do the same thing. They all have to be alive though. So tying ****ed of pigs is part of the game and comes with its own evils. LIke everything the price you get for them goes up and down. Sometimes its good and other times its not worth the money to drive to sell them. As far as someone paying you to shoot them, no. Not saying that it hasnt been done but there are 100 people that will do it for free. How you do make enough money to live off of is by working for an organization that pigs are their enemies. Like ground nesting bird organizations.

Last edited:
No most ranches will let you pay to hunt them. but not the other way around. I run hog hunts almost every year and for a good price for what you get. If a rancher is going to pay someone to kill them its going to be by Helicopter some they can't kill the crap out of them.

There are landowners and landowner associations that have paid helicopter companies to come in and shoot pigs from the air. So if you learn to fly a whirlybird, have the money or investors to buy or lease a helicopter, and can cover all the other costs (insurance, fuel, licensing, maintenance, etc), then yes, you can get paid to shoot hogs. Then again, if you're the only one who can fly the thing, I guess you'll need someone else to do the shooting. May I recommend myself for the job :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.