Can You Get Flagged for Buying Too Much Ammo?

Someone, somewhere is watching everything. I bought a very small amount of fireworks in PA because they aren't legal to purchase in NY. I intended to use them on my buddies farm in PA. When I made the purchase, I had to produce ID and my name and address was logged into a book. I was told that state troopers watch for customers who buy in PA and then travel back home to NY. Yup - someone is always watching.

What a waste to taxpayer money.
Sounds like Pre world 2 Germany to me!

I can't afford a boat,but I did try to cross a creek. You guessed it! Fell through the ice and lost all my guns. Just lucky to get out alive!
That's why I'm selling my stuff to buy another boat mine sank in salt water no less!! Lost all my guns ammo reloading supplies knives while trying to move to New York!!! Yep all gone .o

I can't afford a boat,but I did try to cross a creek. You guessed it! Fell through the ice and lost all my guns. Just lucky to get out alive!
That's why I'm selling my stuff to buy another boat mine sank in salt water no less!! Lost all my guns ammo reloading supplies knives while trying to move to New York!!! Yep all gone .

Pretty safe to assume someone can watch anything you do. If it's not the govt it's some creep with a drone or some West Nigerian from India watching all your purchases trying to scam your card number. Or Alexa sitting on your counter, or the very phone im using to type this. We are all being monitored some how, some way and any given point. The world we live in today

We have a bulk ammo store in town. I'm pretty sure I could go buy a pallet of 223 tomorrow. Idk how anyone would know I did that. Even if it was on a CC, it doesn't itemize. It could also be $10k worth of all kinds of things they sell.
Someone or something will know that you made a large purchase.
You would probably get visitors but just tell them it's for personal use. IDK it works for people with weed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the credit card companies flagging/reporting/recording folks buying guns and ammo on their cards? I seem to remember hearing this, but can't confirm.

As to the OPs question…I'm guessing yes, but what tips the scale to get ATFs red eye looking in your direction? IDK!
Buying 10 or more pistols at one time gets their attention real fast. lol

I buy Eley match 22lr as local as possible,then by the lot/fps,by the case or two, 5000rdsin a case.Missouri,Oklahoma and Kansas.Never thought to much about it until I had a problem with a Cabelas mastercard,my BS card for my habit,line by line it reads who's who in gun related goods.
Dot Indian read down my list of of purchases,didn't sound good coming from a poor dot Indian, Omaha Steaks,$$$ Kroegers,xxxx Liquor Store AR15xxxxx,Good shooting sales and services,SGammo,Powder Valley,something Armory etc.It sounded like I am a drunk ,shooting redneck,eating steaks from sacred cows.
Now I watch my credit card statements,I limit my buying to those that abbreviate or have a non gun related name. I kow ya still can be watched,no use making it easy for the watchers.
Ironic ,our country bombings for the last 20 years, averages 47 bombs a day,but wants to restrict our guns to protect us.

I'm concerned my state will go to background checks for and limit my monthly supply. I rarely buy Factory ammo but what if they did it for powder and primers. I am working with my wife to move to one of the last free states left. DE wants to be California west since our D-bag senator became president. A lot of NY and NJ people move down too. Most of them bring their big city anti-gun views, as I watch all my old hunting spots turn into housing developments. If I knew how to do those fancy meme things I would put that crying native American from those old commercials. 😪

Recent Posts