Can You Get Flagged for Buying Too Much Ammo?

In Mexico-North or (aka Cal). I was purchasing some ammo, powder, primers, and other componments and was blocked. I called the credit card company and ask if there was a problem with my card. They said no. So then I called the supplier about being turned down. Everything was going to Montana. My billing address was Mex-North.
Bottom line was if your business card address it in Mexico-North, even with the shipping address is not in Mex-N. they had passed a law that wouldn't allow you to purchase. I had other cards that had different address outside M. N. So I was able to complete the transaction.
So I had all my banking address changed to Montana. That end the BullSh*t. I also come across the problem with Montana Fish & Game, because of the billing address. Had to call them too. Use a different billing address and was able to get my hunting lic. My legal address is Montana. As a lot of people and companies are moving out ot M.N. A good thing. 😁
Being I purchase a lot of items online, I have them shipped to Montana. No sale tax presently. F. Mexico-North. So M.North gets the short end of the stick, or should I say they get the stick. As they say "To Bad, To Bad"
Thank you.
I have had that problem, and I did not devise the cause. Now I know why I am not able to send my son ammunition or reloading supplies. He shoots a lot, or likes to. With a new daughter, his finances are directed toward her.

I misread that at first. I thought he was carrying 6-10K rounds of ammo in his pockets. That takes a large man with large pockets.
I told him countless times he was crazy carrying that much cash, but he defied the odds, and no one ever rolled him. He had muscular dystrophy and the drs said he'd be in a wheelchair by the time he was thirty. He lived until he was 72 I believe, and they never got him in a wheelchair until he was around 70. Toughest man I've ever known.

The BOA's credit card would not work in stores which sold guns. Not even to purchase earplugs, a magazine, reading type, or a soda.
I dumped it and went to another company.This was back around 2010.
San Bernardino Mountains: I keep trying to get Montana to move some Grizzly to your mountain range and other parts of the Sierra's Especially in the National Parks. That way everybody can enjoy the Griz. After all Mexico-Nprth is a blue state. They wants to be environmently sound. 🤣

San Bernardino Mountains: I keep trying to get Montana to move some Grizzly to your mountain range and other parts of the Sierra's Especially in the National Parks. That way everybody can enjoy the Griz. After all Mexico-Nprth is a blue state. They wants to be environmently sound. 🤣
Send all the wolves there too...

In Mexico-North or (aka Cal). I was purchasing some ammo, powder, primers, and other componments and was blocked. I called the credit card company and ask if there was a problem with my card. They said no. So then I called the supplier about being turned down. Everything was going to Montana. My billing address was Mex-North.
Bottom line was if your business card address it in Mexico-North, even with the shipping address is not in Mex-N. they had passed a law that wouldn't allow you to purchase. I had other cards that had different address outside M. N. So I was able to complete the transaction.
So I had all my banking address changed to Montana. That end the BullSh*t. I also come across the problem with Montana Fish & Game, because of the billing address. Had to call them too. Use a different billing address and was able to get my hunting lic. My legal address is Montana. As a lot of people and companies are moving out ot M.N. A good thing. 😁
Being I purchase a lot of items online, I have them shipped to Montana. No sale tax presently. F. Mexico-North. So M.North gets the short end of the stick, or should I say they get the stick. As they say "To Bad, To Bad"
This is not confusing in any way. You leave your billing address as california, of course youre going to be handled as it pertains to your "home" laws. Why on earth would you leave your billing address in CA if you live in MT? Same with fish and game. They bust so many A -holes yearly who claim they are residents but are not. Simple red flag is a billing address different than any other address on file.

Yeppers.
Most up here still have guns, and know the safety rules, and have them engraved in their minds and hearts.
I spent 50 years there. Love San Bernardino National Forest. California is a beautiful state that has mountains, ocean/beaches, deserts, etc.. Was great until the libs took over. 70% super majority in Legislature ( We only have 5 dems out of 99 here 😉). It took me a long time to get out but I'll never look back. I have family and friends still there. In 2021 I drew an X12 tag there my favorite zone. Killed a nice buck. Visited. Last year I regretted putting D14 2nd choice but I was missing SBNF and my dad is 88.He and some other family live in Redlands . I spent some time in Big Bear. My buddy there says SBNF is in your blood. All lot of good memories and killed a lot of deer in D14 and D16. Last year I drew 2nd choice D14. I knew Slim chance for a X12 random tag. I paid $547.00 for non res lic. and tag. I couldn't afford to go at the time. I tried to surrender tag before season but archery had just opened. Poof ! I know you have to pay and register to even by ammo there now. Dictator Newsome just can't create enough anti laws. I commend you for sticking it out. Carry on sir.

Last edited:
California has already talked about putting griz back in the Sierras. They know it won't work. Before 1922 they had the biggest grizzlies in the country. I've read a lot on the subject. California already has wolves from packs in Oregon that came from Washington that came from Idaho that came from Montana and Wyoming that came from Yellowstone plants in 1996. They will never make it to Southern California aka California, Northern Mexico, California, etc.. If you live in Montana, I'd get rid of every evidence of California. When I moved, Next day I registered my truck here to get Ca. plate of my truck. Then next day got Wy. class A drivers licence. Then a few days later I changed my phone service and number to 307 . Wyoming. Done.

Last edited:
The BOA's credit card would not work in stores which sold guns. Not even to purchase earplugs, a magazine, reading type, or a soda.
I dumped it and went to another company.This was back around 2010.
That's funny. I had BofA Banking, CC, etc. Since I was 16. In 2011 I found out they were giving home loans to illegals . I went in my local branch and withdrew my cash. Canceled bank account. Transfered CC balance and canceled card . Done.

Last edited:
Someone or something will know that you made a large purchase.
You would probably get visitors but just tell them it's for personal use. IDK it works for people with weed.
I've never heard a word for making large purchases of any kind.

Pro-tip, if you're paranoid people will come to your door, put up a fence. Lock it. Put a no trespassing sign up.

California has already talked about putting griz back in the Sierras. They know it won't work. Before 1922 they had the biggest grizzlies in the country. I've read a lot on the subject. California already has wolves from packs in Oregon that came from Washington that came from Idaho that came from Montana and Wyoming that came from Yellowstone plants in 1996. They will never make it to Southern California aka California, Northern Mexico, California, etc.. If you live in Montana, I'd get rid of every evidence of California. When I moved, Next day I registered my truck here to get Ca. plate of my truck. Then next day got Wy. class A drivers licence. Then a few days later I changed my phone service and number to 307 . Wyoming. Done.
Funny. This sight blocked my use of California and California. Lol. What a joke.