Can someone help me with a approx price?

95huskers

Guys I'm looking at getting a 6mm or 6-284 built for coyote hunting. I have plenty of heavy guns so I'd like to keep this one on the light side for carrying. The only thing I'm dead set on at the moment is a McMillan A3 stock and Remington action. Could you please help me out on what I should look at for a barrel and also what I should expect for a final price start to finish?

If a professional reputable smith does the all the work, and you do a full blueprint on the remington action; it's probably gonna run you somewhere in the $3500 to $4500 range with a Jewel trigger and good quality base/rings that should include bedding and final finish with cerakote. This is assuming you purchase everything brand new and the smith does all the work.

I would put in a good word for 6x47 lapua 95 or 105 bergers great coyote gun not much recoil.

If you own a short Remington Action I'll bet you can get something built like you are talking
for maybe 2000.00

Steve

A blueprint of your Remington action with a Holland lug, barrel, chamber, pillar bed in a McMillan A-3 about $1800. It could run a bit more with any options such as a new trigger, Cerakote or scope bases, rings and optics. A 6-284 running 115 Bergers, Fed 215 primer and Retumbo powder is a screamer at around 3300 fps !!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.