Can anyone help me find a stock?

ANDREW RICKETTS

I am looking for a stock similar to design and color to this one here, if you know anywhere I could get a good quality, and preferably lightweight stock similar to this, let me know!

Thanks a lot guys

Note - This has to be for a Remington 700 Short Action.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    94.2 KB · Views: 220
I did look at them, only thing I'm not a fan of is the forearm area has holes in it on boyd's stocks. Don't want those holes, just not aesthetically pleasing to me

So efforts are not duplicated, perhaps it is best to share what you have done thus far. I would have recommended the same thing as @JMW67. The budget also helps.

Last edited:
Chad Chapman with Red Desert Rifles here in Rock Springs, WY builds excellent quality custom wood stocks. He could build whatever you have in mind and offer additional suggestions. I don't know if this is a route that you are interested in but it gives you another option! Here is his website with his contact information. He is a real nice guy and will be glad to help.

Chad Chapman with Red Desert Rifles here in Rock Springs, WY builds excellent quality custom wood stocks. He could build whatever you have in mind and offer additional suggestions. I don't know if this is a route that you are interested in but it gives you another option! Here is his website with his contact information. He is a real nice guy and will be glad to help.

The same is true with Joel Russo >>> https://russoriflestocks.com/home. He is also a Official LRH Sponsor.

Last edited:
My friend put black screws in his Boyd's stock forearm. They were flush with the bottom of the stock. I believe they were torx heads. And they looked nice.

Richards Microfit Stocks is work a look see as well.
yes, I've had many RM stocks and they are nicer than boyds. clean lines, graceful balance and nice wood. the problem for most guys is that they don't want to spend 6 hours or more finishing the stock and bedding the action.

yes, I've had many RM stocks and they are nicer than boyds. clean lines, graceful balance and nice wood. the problem for most guys is that they don't want to spend 6 hours or more finishing the stock and bedding the action.
There inletting can be something of a P.I.T.A.

There are a few stock duplicating services on line if you have one on hand to send in. There's also a guy on here that makes some amazing stocks but I can't remember his handle. He posts some beautiful work.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts