Can anyone tell me more about these shells?

Been laying out there since the late 1800's just a 50-70 Govt, the US Army had a million rounds of surplus. Starline still offers em for sale, 1.75 in long. One a them Ole Injun Braves probably just took a souvenir with, from the Little Big Horn, on his road trip to Canada.

Last edited:
Here is a really cool one I found a while back and it's still loaded

Attachments

• 69D5020B-080B-45B7-A296-CBBDBC4A2144.jpeg
    69D5020B-080B-45B7-A296-CBBDBC4A2144.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 60
That's a sweet find with the revolver!

A friend of mine got into metal detecting and found this on a random plot of Saskatchewan farmland. He sent me this picture. That's interesting to me, because we don't have anywhere near as long a history (at least a colonized industrialized European history) as most anywhere in the United States or eastern Canada. I'd be curious to know when the heck this is from and how it ended up in a wheat field. Maybe just used for hunting? I certainly don't know anyone who owns a rifle chambered in 57 snider these days….

1699889953983.png

That's a sweet find with the revolver!

A friend of mine got into metal detecting and found this on a random plot of Saskatchewan farmland. He sent me this picture. That's interesting to me, because we don't have anywhere near as long a history (at least a colonized industrialized European history) as most anywhere in the United States or eastern Canada. I'd be curious to know when the heck this is from and how it ended up in a wheat field. Maybe just used for hunting? I certainly don't know anyone who owns a rifle chambered in 57 snider these days….

View attachment 510548
That's pretty freaking cool!!!

I have a pretty good pile of cavalry and civil war stuff now.
Several places here that were way stations or outposts that were wiped out in the 1800's during the wars against the tribes

That's pretty freaking cool!!!

I have a pretty good pile of cavalry and civil war stuff now.
Several places here that were way stations or outposts that were wiped out in the 1800's during the wars against the tribes
It was never remotely comparable to the degree and extent of violence that happened south of the border in the USA but as I've taken more history classes over the years I've been learning that we did indeed have our share of "frontier violence" up here in Canada during our own westward expansion and settlement.

Our nations are all at once so different and yet so very similar in many regards of their history.

It was never remotely comparable to the degree and extent of violence that happened south of the border in the USA but as I've taken more history classes over the years I've been learning that we did indeed have our share of "frontier violence" up here in Canada during our own westward expansion and settlement.

Our nations are all at once so different and yet so very similar in many regards of their history.
Very true.
This place stayed the Wild West up until the early 1900's