Can Am Defender Limited?

Congrats on the new toy. It definitely puts my old Razor to shame. The heated cab will be so nice on those cold days in the field.
Took granddaughters out in their T shirts in snow around property and heater was awesome! Will see how A/C works once we get some warm weather!

Anybody have a good web source for parts that are not CanAM prices? I want to buy a side mirror for door but pricing is standard at $109 so hoping for a little better?

Anybody have a good web source for parts that are not CanAM prices? I want to buy a side mirror for door but pricing is standard at $109 so hoping for a little better?
I really like my CanAm limited full cab , sure am glad I have the extended warranty ,it's on its way back too have the rear door latch fixed ,passenger window switch replaced ,wind shield wiper washer leak fixed and front four wheel drive clutches replaced that makes grinding noises everytime you turn . 1,000 mile turn around from home too dealership , too my ranch back too dealership ,back too ranch and back home. It will probably turn into a 5 day ordeal if I'm lucky ,at least I have my trusty jeep there for a stand buy and get too enjoy the outdoors while waiting. Might even do a little long distance shooting.

So I looked at buying extra storage for under middle seat and driver seat. OMG! $88 for an open plastic bucket size of small plastic trash can that has bracket to snap over a bar. Are you kidding me? $88 for a plastic bucket that has no lid to protect contents? I was in a local Meijer grocery shopping with wife, took quick stroll through sporting goods and Voila! A Plano range box with lid - O ring seal and tray! Fits like glove under seat, will bungee it in, $19.99!!!! Also fits under driver seat fine. I can buy 4 for price of "official open bucket"!
That's a good tip! I can tell you from experience that the OEM boxes are NOT waterproof. The seals around the top definitely leak when you get deep enough ….

Attachments

• 424BD1F5-B568-432C-B76C-7CDF8014A132.jpeg
    424BD1F5-B568-432C-B76C-7CDF8014A132.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 4B225FD6-EF8D-4A29-8743-BEAD1371B5D1.jpeg
    4B225FD6-EF8D-4A29-8743-BEAD1371B5D1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 0E99DB74-830F-4D2B-AF45-788F855D2976.jpeg
    0E99DB74-830F-4D2B-AF45-788F855D2976.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Amazon is your friend. You can add your defender to your family's vehicles and then the algorithm will show you accessories that fit. Great way to filter out things that don't fit your ride. Plus returns are drop dead easy if you don't like the item.

So far, my local dealer price on OE mirrors same as Amazon. I use Amazon a lot, LOL, ordered some stuff for house yesterday!

Bought a 2018 Polaris Ranger XP 900 just before retiring in late 2018. Did alot of research on UTVs in price, utility, Horsepower, suspension etc. Drove several actually. Being a Polaris owner for years with quads I was of course bias. I tried to let other machines impress me but the ride and power of the XP900 was plenty for me and it carries the name I wanted. I went out of state to Arkansas to purchase mine because nobody in state would come close to what they wanted for it. I paid 9299.00 OTD for my machine vs 12K here for identical unit. No regrets so far but for me this UTV serves the need for me as an ATV basically. Do not need windshield wipers, heat, doors or a complete enclosed cab. The cost for All that would be around the same as a newer used small PU truck. I'd rather have a small PU truck if I'm paying that much money for one. Wife and I use it alot for rides during the 3 seasons when temps are good. In winter I use it for hunting, fishing and wood hauling. Does all I need very well.

So I picked up 4 of these D Ring anchors for flatbed at TSC @ $8.99 each. Stout would be understatement. Have Grade 8 Carriage bolts coming. Going to backplate with steel plate behind the 2x8 treated wood plank on trailer for added strength. Should be better than to stake pockets that I used to haul it home. Way better than Harbor Freight stuff.
A41B8E52-4A0E-4DDB-A6D9-4D46D0E361CD.jpeg
F27BC038-E077-4DCA-9733-B84BA40CFA40.jpeg

So I picked up 4 of these D Ring anchors for flatbed at TSC @ $8.99 each. Stout would be understatement. Have Grade 8 Carriage bolts coming. Going to backplate with steel plate behind the 2x8 treated wood plank on trailer for added strength. Should be better than to stake pockets that I used to haul it home. Way better than Harbor Freight stuff.View attachment 353723View attachment 353724
Make sure they get bolted thru the trailer frame cross member.

The cross members would definitely be better , I just welded mine too the outside of the frame where the straps need too be.
Im sure brand new treated 2x8 boards would be plenty...At first. The older they get, the more I'd be concerned. Doing it right the first time leaves all those worries behind. Been in the exact situation where cutting corners was faster and years later, I paid for it.

Im sure brand new treated 2x8 boards would be plenty...At first. The older they get, the more I'd be concerned. Doing it right the first time leaves all those worries behind. Been in the exact situation where cutting corners was faster and years later, I paid for it.
I probably strap mine different than most people , but I haul stuff all the time and haven't lost any thing yet , 400 miles each way . I run the winch cable around the front of the the trailer rail , and just snug it . I run one strap through the suspension arms and back too each front d ring . I use a receiver hitch in the back too run the strap over , then tighten it down over the ball I then take the tail and do a figure 8 and tie it back too the strap . If you have too much excess strap , I double the strap back through the d ring and tie it . I use 3 in straps not the dinky ones.