Can Am Defender Limited?

Muddyboots

Anybody have any experience with Can Am Defender HD10 (82hp) or Limited? Good the bad and ugly? Seems like only UTV that has cabin space big enough for me and my size 15 5E boats. Just looking at them since they are worse than barrels to order. Maybe 6 months to get.

Yup...my sister and brother in law have one...engine blew up in about 9 hours and took almost 6 months to repair. The cabin space is nice tho, its fully enclosed with tracks for the snow.

I am running a "new to me" 2019 Defender Max XMR, so the HD10 but upgraded, and it is hands down the perfect machine for my use. My unit has 6 seats and the cab is quite spacious, even with the wife and all 4 kids. Also has 635 miles with no major issues at all.
Honestly I'd recommend test driving any ATV first though if you are concerned about leg space.

Drove the CanAm Defender XT HD10 and has adequate legroom and far more cabin space. The Polaris Northstar was very disappointing in lack of legroom and thus dropped off list.

I don't think you'd regret the CanAm. They have a very loyal following and a strong reputation for durability from folks I have talked to. I spent a long time researching brands before going with CanAm, no regrets.

I had several polaris's... all with AC/heat, and all the nice stuff. Bought a CanAm defender limited 4 door with all the trimmings in 2020... and I won't be going back to polaris anytime soon I don't think. I love mine. Tons of power, air conditioning works great, doors and windows seal up far better. I don't like the rear door windows though. On the polaris they rolled down... on the can am they just crack open in the rear.

I have a 2020 defender hd10 xt I really like most things about it. I guess my only complaint is after you turn the engine off there's a high pitched electrical noise for about 5 seconds until a relay turns off. It's very annoying to me. They are very expensive but I think it's a smart choice going with the cab you can add everything down the road but you end up spending more money doing it and can't get the a/c.

Good comments! Looks like ordering a Defender Limited. Wife insists in AC, oh darn. North Dakota archery in early Sept can be darn hot!
Keep us posted! We really enjoy our Defender, I just saw one of those HD10 units a week ago with the full cab and climate control, rough living 😉

BTW the Polaris Northstar is same price point as the Defender Limited. I was tight spaced wearing 15 5E New Balance sneakers so with hunting boots would be problem.