can a loaded round be resized?

I solved the problem..... I just ordered a 5.56 NATO 20 inch 1:9 stainless threadless barrel and all the parts to make a complete upper. I will just use it to burn up bullets and maybe buy another lower later.

I guess that you did not read this either. LOL I've been shooting them up and gave them to friends with mill spec AR's

The actual fix is to buy small base .223 resizing dies when you buy mixed brass range fired brass if you have other than mill spec barrels

I guess that you did not read this either. LOL I've been shooting them up and gave them to friends with mill spec AR's

The actual fix is to buy small base .223 resizing dies when you buy mixed brass range fired brass if you have other than mill spec barrels

I forgot to add the shorter deck shell holder used to move the shoulder down when you have tight chambers

I had this problem when I got my cases mixed up once and loaded 1500 rounds of which about half wouldn't chamber (I hadn't trimmed them and the crimp caused a litte ballooning at the case neck) I took my rcbs full length die and pulled the decamping pin then drilled the top out to 1/4 inch so the neck wouldn't make contact but it would resize the rest of the shell .... Problem solved

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.