Can/should my buddy's AR .223 be converted to Wylde?

It doesn't necessarily make it shoot "better" but it makes it shoot a wider variety of bullets "better" if that makes any sense......I guess I look at it as more universal. One of my match barrels sho.ots 69 grain bullets so well it won't be changed, but due to the throat, certain bullet shapes are shoved into the case too far.....A Wylde chamber would probably shoot all of the projectiles good.....
I still say look into what's causing the issues before changing the chamber..

Sorry, should have been more clear. I didn't mean more accurately, I meant more consistently, without loss of performance. I have very limited experience with the intricacies of the chamber design, but the analytical part of me sees using a reamer as making clearances larger, which would be a detriment to any device designed around critical tolerances.

I know we're talking about small differences. I'm just genuinely interested in the technical side of how the small changes affect the operation. I've read several articles on the subject, and get conflicting info from site to site.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.