6.5 Grendel won’t close bolt when feeding a round

According to issue discussed... read post #13... but understand, these are suggestions of possible fixes made by members according to symptoms described. Of course It is difficult to say for certain what the issue is without having the weapon on hand. That is why most of us suggest a likely cause but all say take it back to the smith.
Safety first.

I had it built. I am on the road for work so I don't have specific information on the gun. Just trying to get some ideas. I tried the ammunition that was loaded for my wife's. Works in hers not in mine. Thought maybe coal was wrong. Took back to the shop where it was built and he ran 6 factory rounds through it no problem. Took out to shoot with factory ammunition same problem. When you charge a round do you use the release button or pull the charge handle?
Running ammo through isn't the same as checking headspace. This sounds like a headspace issue. It needs to be check with headspace gauges, preferable with extractor and ejector removed. As Lance said, it needs to go back to the shop.

The 2 I built had a tight chamber and loosened up after 100 rounds. Headspace was correct! The go and no-go worked as they should, but chamber was the issue.

Got a set of go no go gauges headspace was correct? I have not been able to get it to jam with factory or my hand loads now. Being that there was less than 50 rounds through it maybe the chamber was just tight? Will keep you posted, thanks for all the help guys!

This happened to me as well. I was sent the wrong bcg, twice.. once I switched it the problem went away. I think there are two types of grendel and may have gotten the wrong one.

I'd definitely check to make sure you are matching your barrel with the correct type of bolt- there are two types with different specs. Most are type II, but occasionally you might run into a type I. Hope you were able to solve it and get to shooting- grendel is my favorite AR caliber by far!