Can A Lee Factory Crimp Die Be Easily Disassembled?

ltrmc02

I've just purchased a lot of reloading equipment including a couple of Lee collet neck dies and factory crimp dies. I had read where some take the collet sizing die apart and sand the edges of the slits in the collet to keep from marking the neck of the cases up so much. I did this and was going to do the same with the collet in the factory crimp die but am uncertain if it'll disassemble easily or not. With the neck die you can take off the cap and push the collet up out the top but the crimp die would have to go out the bottom and I can't see what retains it from coming out of the bottom. I tapped on it a little but didn't want to drive on it and risk breaking it before ever using it LOL.

Any info on this appreciated.

Purchased a custom ordered 375 Ruger factory crimp die. The original crimp dies were retained by a wire clip but the new ones have a machined ridge at the top to retain the collet. If you can punch it out with a vice or clamp so you can apply the pressure slowly instead of with a whack. It is a sweat maker to do it to a new die.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.