Can’t group CA Traverse 28 nosler

I have a Ridgeline 7mm. Long story short. After 500 rounds (hand loads) down range it would not hold a group at all. 2 or 3 close then the following 2" to 3" separation. Sent of to a well know gunsmith for inspection and returned with no out of spec issues. I would have never thought that a Leupold VX6 could be a issue. But I sent it off for verification anyway. Returned with a repair order showing parts were replaced. Shoots 1/2moa now. Me being hard headed cost me 1 year and 500 hundred rounds. First time for everything. I second the others. Change scope and rings to verify.

Ya I had a rail loosen,that took me a bit to find.Now they are bedded and locktite.Or pinned and larger screws

Good evening,

I'm looking for any advice you all may have. About 2 months ago I purchased a Christensen Arms Traverse in 28 Nosler that I can't get to group. I have a leopould Mark 5 scope on it. The best group I have gotten were my first shots out of the rifle, about a baseball size at 100yards with factory Nosler 175gr accubond LR's. I'm not a expert marksman but can group my savage 22-250 easily.

Over the past 2 months I have tried multiple loads with noslers 168 and 175 grain accubonds and Hornady 28nksler ammo. I shoot 3 rounds over about 3 minutes and then let the rifle cool for 15 minutes without any better results. Should I be letting it cool between every single shot?

I followed the barrel break in by firing 3 shots and cleaning.

I have ran a piece of paper between the barrel and stock with no issues and have checked all bolts/screws for correct torque.

I also have a suppressor coming for it that is quick detach. I took the CA muzzle brake off and installed the suppressors quick detach muzzle brake. Could the suppressors muzzle brake ruin the sub MOA guarantee?

Again,I'm not an expert marksman and it could be user error but Im only trying to group at 100 yards and every shot has been out of a lead sled.

Thank you for any advice you may have.
If your scope is good and everything is tight, I have only experienced this with shot-out barrels.

And this is how good companies get bad internet reputations unfortunately. All companies poo the bed occasionally IMO. And we blame the rifle/builder first...

Just had a group shifting problem with my Ridgeline 300wsm. It was my scope. I had a old weaver that I put on it and it grouped great. So sent Sig back in.

Who determines that, CA
There warranty also say you have to follow there break in procedure and use match grade ammo.
Well yes the manufacturer will always determine what they will warranty and usually err to their benefit! lol
The break in and match grade ammo is not under the warranty it is under the Guarantee, as in accuracy, on the Christensen web site. I only posted to give the OP the specifics of MY dealings with a very similar product from the same company. In discussing my gun I told Christensen I shot hand loads and they had me send the gun to them on their dime for WARRANTY work.

Good evening,

I'm looking for any advice you all may have. About 2 months ago I purchased a Christensen Arms Traverse in 28 Nosler that I can't get to group. I have a leopould Mark 5 scope on it. The best group I have gotten were my first shots out of the rifle, about a baseball size at 100yards with factory Nosler 175gr accubond LR's. I'm not a expert marksman but can group my savage 22-250 easily.

Over the past 2 months I have tried multiple loads with noslers 168 and 175 grain accubonds and Hornady 28nksler ammo. I shoot 3 rounds over about 3 minutes and then let the rifle cool for 15 minutes without any better results. Should I be letting it cool between every single shot?

I followed the barrel break in by firing 3 shots and cleaning.

I have ran a piece of paper between the barrel and stock with no issues and have checked all bolts/screws for correct torque.

I also have a suppressor coming for it that is quick detach. I took the CA muzzle brake off and installed the suppressors quick detach muzzle brake. Could the suppressors muzzle brake ruin the sub MOA guarantee?

Again,I'm not an expert marksman and it could be user error but Im only trying to group at 100 yards and every shot has been out of a lead sled.

Thank you for any advice you may have.
does the brake you put on have holes in the top

Well yes the manufacturer will always determine what they will warranty and usually err to their benefit! lol
The break in and match grade ammo is not under the warranty it is under the Guarantee, as in accuracy, on the Christensen web site. I only posted to give the OP the specifics of MY dealings with a very similar product from the same company. In discussing my gun I told Christensen I shot hand loads and they had me send the gun to them on their dime for WARRANTY work.
All I can say is just like alot of warranty's
theres alot left up to interpretation.

So there accuracy guarantee is with match grade ammo, so is the O.P's hand loaded ammo match grade? Or mine or anybody else for that matter.

So there accuracy guarantee is with match grade ammo, so is the O.P's hand loaded ammo match grade? Or mine or anybody else for that matter.
Kind of makes sense right? Not all handloads are loaded for accuracy. There is no QC process, so I am pretty sure it is based on premium factory ammo.

My CA shoots factory ammo between 1/2-3/4 moa.

Kind of makes sense right? Not all handloads are loaded for accuracy. There is no QC process, so I am pretty sure it is based on premium factory ammo.

My CA shoots factory ammo between 1/2-3/4 moa.
That's exactly what I was getting at.
Somebody's "Hand Loaded Match Grade Ammo" may not be another person's match grade ammo.

Proper assembly from any factory is important to check. CA doesn't have the best reputation so extra important to double check the basics.

1C342BF1-579F-4624-8929-FA71B20E27CE.jpeg

I am sure if the crap bedding job was redone this would have solved the 3" groups because it shot about an 1" once dropped into a KRG Bravo.

However, CA recommendation was to grind the barrel channel away from the barrel which is about as stupid as it gets.

Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes and improve as we go through our lives . To produce precision equipment we have to pay attention to details and be as precise as we can . Some of us are born that way some of us learn to and some never do learn to pay attention to the small details . You and I had and have to learn what we need to pay attention to ,to make a better rifle that shoots to it's full potential .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.