Proof elevation vs CA Traverse

UngulateDwn

Last edited:
I cant speak for the Proof (I'm sure its awesome) but I do have three CA arms rifles and love them. I have a 300WM that shoots well under 1/2" groups and will never get rid of that rifle. I dont think you will go wrong with either.

I have a CA 300WM Bronze Ridgeline that I put in to a McMillan Game Hunter stock. Very lightweight, shoots sub 1/2 MOA with Berger factory 215 300WM ammo.

I also have a 'custom' Origin with a Proof 6.5PRC prefit on it. Shoots 1/2 MOA as well.

The action is so much smoother on the Origin than the CA's action. I'm a bit surprised at the CA's roughness with it's price range. Tikka's cost less and are much smoother.

On one site I just looked at, the Proof was about $190 more than the CA Traverse, though they only had the 6.5CM listed. For me, if that price difference holds true on other calibers, it's an easy decision to pay the $200 more for a smoother action and a better built barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.