Proof elevation vs CA Traverse

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by UngulateDwn, Nov 17, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. UngulateDwn

UngulateDwn New Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. Dmagna

Dmagna Well-Known Member

I like a long barrel on the traverse. I wouldnt put a .300 win in a 24 inch barrel.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  3. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Well-Known Member

I cant speak for the Proof (I'm sure its awesome) but I do have three CA arms rifles and love them. I have a 300WM that shoots well under 1/2" groups and will never get rid of that rifle. I dont think you will go wrong with either.

4. J3n

J3n Well-Known Member

I have a CA 300WM Bronze Ridgeline that I put in to a McMillan Game Hunter stock. Very lightweight, shoots sub 1/2 MOA with Berger factory 215 300WM ammo.

I also have a 'custom' Origin with a Proof 6.5PRC prefit on it. Shoots 1/2 MOA as well.

The action is so much smoother on the Origin than the CA's action. I'm a bit surprised at the CA's roughness with it's price range. Tikka's cost less and are much smoother.

On one site I just looked at, the Proof was about $190 more than the CA Traverse, though they only had the 6.5CM listed. For me, if that price difference holds true on other calibers, it's an easy decision to pay the $200 more for a smoother action and a better built barrel.