Can’t group CA Traverse 28 nosler

I wish I knew more. I was trying to retain as much info as possible. This guy was good. He checked the rifle for physical issues and it was fine. We took 3 thousands off the shell holder and trimmed the case to 2.580. Fitted the bullet to the rifling and Switched from cci to federal match primers and were using a 168 grain Sierra bullet. Then began reloading different loads and shooting. We came up with 82 gr Retumbo. I'm not sure if the bullet is below the neck.

Attachments

• 931ABF6F-CA6C-4346-A59C-E932F6FFF080.jpeg
    931ABF6F-CA6C-4346-A59C-E932F6FFF080.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Glad you got it to shoot. Too bad you changed so many things at once... I guess I would try doing the same for a heavier bullet which is what I think of when I hear 28 Nosler.

I have a 26 nosler traverse that wouldnt eject and had to have a smith polish the chamber because of bad tooling marks. It didnt group great either after that shooting the 156's. So I took off the stock and stuck a stockys stock i had on another gun and bedded it and now it shoots a .4 at 3200 fps. Those carbon stocks they come in the bedding is terrible for a semi custom gun at that cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.