Camo for my rifle?

cdmorten

This is about the time of year hear in Nebraska when it gets cold and I get the bug to camo my rifle, (Remington VS in .308). I want to do my scope as well. I don't have a clue as to how to go about it. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do it well and/or does anyone have any ideas where to send it to get a camo finish put on it?

Feel free to post photos if you have some good ones.

Thanks.

www.camoit.com

I like the SuperFlauge Game pattern.

http://www.camoit.com/newgallery1.htm

Not really sure who else does the water transfer coatings, but there's a few.

I believe Jeff in Texas said his rifle/scope/bipod combo dipped with the Montana Prairie Ghost pattern was $150.

Here's a couple pix of Jeff's 308 A3 combo, in Montana Prairie Ghost.

232157.jpg

232156.jpg

If you send it away you will get a nice professional looking finish. I have never sent one to be camo'ed so I can't comment there. I did my own this past summer, far from professional looking, but it gets the job done. I used Krylon Khaki for undercoat and then used a camo kit made by HS Camo and sold by Cabela's. I don't think it looks too bad and it works for the area I hunt. What is nice about doing your own is, you are limited only by your imagination.

227770.jpg

huntin1

Huntin 1 - You're right it doesn't look to bad from the pic. How did you get the nerve up to throw some krylon on your rifle? It would probably cost me three times the prof job just to get the screwed up paint job removed after I botched it. Have you done any others or practiced on other stuff?

Brent or Shawn, were either of you born in June? I read that more lefties are born in June than any other month. I've been asking lefties this for years and so far I have yet to find any that were (except for myself). Due to a recent change (13 years ago) I was forced to transcend this affliction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so now I'm a righty for most tasks.

Gonehuntingagain is also a lefty so sometimes I have to miss a few so he dosen't feel too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cowboy,

I've done a couple of bows with the removable stuff in the past, this was the first rifle. It actually took me about three weeks to get up the nerve to spray the Krylon during which time I degreased it and got ready to spray it 3 or 4 times then chickened out. I'm told that acetone and elbow grease will get the paint off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif As I said, not perfect, but I have gotten some good comments at the range.

huntin1

4rked Horn:
I was born in June of 1945 and I am left handed. Fortunatly I am right eye dominant so I shoot right handed and do not have to buy a leftie rifle. Those camoed rifles sure do look nice but I would be afraid to set one down in the woods for fear I wouldn't be able to find it again.
MJS

How can I contact the folks at Camoit.com? I tried the contact page on the web sight and it won't go. If someone has phone number for them let me know. Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Gonehuntingagain is also a lefty so sometimes I have to miss a few so he dosen't feel too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to remember this next time we go duck hunting and you miss them AGAIN and I spank them with my lefty Benelli /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't that make you feel good?

And how many times do I have to remind you the gun is for shooting the ducks, not SPANKING them. That was kind of creeping the other guys out. Just joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (but really, it was.)

Shawn

<font color="black"> Here's a couple pix of Jeff's 308 A3 combo, in Montana Prairie Ghost.
</font>

Born in August, must be why I'm a righty... Jeff be a lefty though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The only thing I do lefty is play hockey, and don't ask me why... can't even hit the puck to save my life with my right hand! Strange... I'm **** near the same way trying to steer a car with just my right hand... left hand or both hands and I'm not too scary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.