Sniper Rifle Advice for my screenplay

Rant mode on...

Have any of you tried to find factual gun books lately?
At Barnes and Noble.com I found 3, only one of which looks like it might have any information. Amazon.com had more, and none of were about particular rifles or calibers. Public libraries seem to only carry books about the history of firearms anymore.
These are the generally the resources that non-shooters will try to use if they are looking for information, and may get frustrated by the lack of information. Those of us who do shoot generally know where we can find these books and other sources of information such as message boards. Afterall, how many of the members here would have known about rounds such as the 40 Diaperhead, 338 Lapua Magnum, or the 408 Cheyenne Tactcal if they had not found this forum?

If this 'movie' turns out to be another gun bashing fest, then maybe someone should come up with a movie that shows the fallacies of the screenwriter/actor/liberal/anti-gun people that think the first amendment is the only one that applies. I'm sure there are enough shooters and hunters that could donate enough cash to make it possible.

By the way clg9mm, like a 15 year old psycho can afford or LEGALLY purchase the types of firearms that are typical of shooters on this forum.

If anti-gunners are relying on information from a bulletin board to try to perpetuate their agenda, that tells me they are EXTREMELY desperate and that we are winning the war on our rights.

Pointing someone in the direction of truthful, and hopefully unbiased information is the best thing we can and should do.

Rant mode off!
grin.gif

I wish I had more time to post a longer, more detailed response, but I'm zipping in and out right away.

The point of my post was not that we should or shouldn't share the information. We are all adults here and can make those decisions for ourselves. My point is: I didn't think the lack of information about the original poster and his intentions warranted the negative assumptions that he was a left winger, anti-gun nut. He may very well be those things, but until we know for certain, we should treat him respectfully as we would treat any newcomer to these forums.

Gotta go!

GHAG,
I've busted 15 year old kids with more money in their pocket than you or I make in several months so yeah they can afford it. Ever see what they spend on computers, stereo equip. and sneakers? They get it from home, dealing, pulling buglaries, etc. Yes the anti's are losing and they are desperate. just remember "in god we trust all others show me your hands".

clg9mm, I believe you. I guess that I don't see gang bangin' 15 year olds as being motivated enough to learn or practice anything but being a punk and using the product they are selling. We don't see too many of them around here, but in your neck of the woods I would imagine there are too many.

Anyway, to get this thread back to the original point, ScreenplayRickyP, what kind of movie are you writing about? Please enlighten us, maybe we can help.

There was a guy "doing research for a book/screenplay being written by a friend" on one of the other sites. The rifle and scope had to be used at night and had to scalp the victim/target. Same MO first post asking this type question. Real easy ammo for the AG crowd to say I posted this question and they gave me all this info, I could have been a 15 year old psycho. It doesn't take much to make LR shooting look like the next target for them to go after. If this guy was legit and had half a brain he would have done some research rather than posting on a BB. You can give away the farm if you want I'm not so inclined.

I e-mailed Screenplay with a link and a simple request to revisit his post.

Balls in his court.

I'm standing by.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.