Rifle for my girlfried???

crediger

I don't know where i should really be posting this question so here it is...

I want to buy a rifle for my girl and am wondering what is suggested by people here on this forum... I'm leaning toward a rifle in .243 (bolt action of course) because of the low recoil and that it can still be used on large game. I want to get a fairly accurate rifle because I'm sure I will be mostly shooting with it but, I don't want to spend huge money on it. Any suggestions on make or even better caliber of rifle would be appreciated or even info on where i could get a good deal on one would be appreciated.

.243 Win is a great caliber for new shooters and those with recoil sensitivities.

Keep your eyes open for an older Rem model 700 ADL. They are not too hard to find and are reasonably priced.

Now for me (err I mean my wife) I've ordered her a 338AM with an A5 stock. No really, its for her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

don

thats alot of rifle to shoot.. for your wife I mean... you can buy her a recoil pad for her birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif... I just bought a Browning a-bolt chambered in 7mm wsm for myself... thought it was big enough to reach the game way out there until reading about the 1k+ kills from guys on this site...
my farthest kill was a measly 400yards in comparison... now I wish that I had saved up for one of fiftydrivers customs...

Cliff

pirvatepoorah,(all in fun)

Practice with it till Kirby builds you one then sell it for scope money!

Katie (13 year old) shoots a Ruger compact 243....but you must get a trigger for one if you were to go Ruger...her last buck was at 142 yds....look at Katie @142 under hunting!

There was a rem 243 adl for sale on 24 hour campfire -all one word + .com for $300 -new or basically new.Might have to look back several pages to find it.

Good job on taking your women hunt/shooting !-Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.