Calve Chasing Mutt Down! Lovin the Thermal!!

Unofficial Gun Addict (UGA)

Guys... I just can't get enough of coyote hunting using the new thermal scope I got. I simply love it. Just got this one a couple days ago ... early in the morning .. around 4:30am. Did I say I freaking love this scope!!

[ame]https://youtu.be/WXqZwbuxK84[/ame]

Thanks Barrelnut for the help on embedding!

LOL... yeah..... with Nigh vision.... you get the glowing eyes effect which helps pick them out of the tall brush at night as long as their facing you... but the thermal... it means I can hunt mutts this winter not only limited to weekends!

Usually... it's dark when I get up to go to work.. and dark when I go home.. so no mutt hunting until Saturday and Sunday during one of the best times of the year to go. Now.... I can go any night... right from work.

I can hardly freaking wait!!

On top of that... just got a guy that wanted me to help with the coyotes on his property and I said sure.... then he tells me it's ... 28,000 acres. I was like wow! He asks on the phone if he could call me back in a moment and I said sure. He calls back and said his neighbor would like me to do his property also and he gives me the name of the gentleman and ranch. I check it out... 32,000 acres! Holy mamma!! I can hardly wait to get out there!!

Well you got the tools, so looks like 60,000 acres of coyotes are gonna have a real problem soon.

I was laughing about how the coyote kept moving around on you. He's over there, no over here, no back over there. It was obviously nervous about coming in further and kept moving and standing for a quick look. Until BAM, never knew what hit him. It was interesting how well he showed up in the thermal, no problem spotting him for sure.

Lol barrelnut... Yeah...that bugger was keeping me honest. I wanted to get a gud shot in because I didn't want to go back to the property owner and tell them I blew the stand...and they still have the same number of coyotes harassing their calves.

The thermal definitely is a game changer for coyote hunting at night.I highly recommend it to those whose state allows their use for non-classified game like coyotes, or hogs.

Thanks again for your help in embedding the video.it's a lot nicer than just a link. Really appreciate it man!

Got to watch this on the TV (embedded video issues on laptop) and it was a hoot! Loved the definition the thermal has; you could even see the throat action when he was barking at you! Keep 'em coming and I'll keep watching!

What other thermals have you used?? What is the best?
Let's u record too. I love this even if I don't have one...... YET!!

Love it. Thanks. How far away was he when you shot? Is it a fixed power? What power were you on?

He was just at 200 yards when I pulled the trigger. The scope was on picture in picture mode... So the main window was 2x and the zoomed window was 8x... But since the optics are naturally 1.47x.... It's really more appropriate to say the main window was approx 3.5x and the zoomed window was approx 12x.

The scope isn't a fixed mag...and if out of picture and picture mode...you can zoom manually.... I just really like the pip function!

What other thermals have you used?? What is the best?
Let's u record too. I love this even if I don't have one...... YET!!

I think the best thermal going is the IR Defense mk 3 60mm... But it runs like $9000. I think the Pulsar xd50a is the best value out there currently, but there is a new ATN thermal which only costs $2000. Haven't got a chance to look through it though. ATN support can be lacking at times though...so risky if you bump into issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.