Coyote Down - Thermal Hunt

Double Naught Spy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUP3hb2HJ6w&feature=youtu.be

Went hog and predator hunting earlier this week. I had some video issues, but salvaged the coyote portion of the video. After Glenn Guess turned me on to Fox Pro electronic callers, I gave the Shockwave a try. I used sow protection to pull in a 175 boar from the muddy creek bottom. I had turned off the call when he cross the stand and headed for the tree where the caller was hidden. He stood looking at the tree for about 30 seconds (I should have turned it back on) and lost interest and turned to go away. That is when I shot him with a 6.5 Grendel.

After two more hours of trying call hogs, is used 'lil rabbit' to try predator calling and this coyote appeared at the edge of the field and then headed for the caller. I dropped him at 130 yards.

The Pulsar Apex XD38a performed well as did the new Grendel and FoxPro Shockwave. It was a good evening!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.