Cabelas has been sold

That is a little misleading. That is just equity firms and not private holders.
Jim holds majority share with 15%.

My one hunt buds is one of the managers at their store in Dundee, Michigan and I asked him (just yesterday).... No, not sold, have issues but aren't owned by anyone else (except Jim and the equity firm.

Personally, I think Cabelas is / has grown too fast with stores overlapping market areas....JMO.

I don't buy much there. I do hold a black visa however and when I have boo-koo points, I go get something then....

Much better pricing on the net or a mom and pop LGS store.

Same as last one. Not intended to get in a ****in match. Those only show institutions.
Jim owns majority share of 15% and Mary has 8%.
Regardless, one share holder can't force a sale.

Like Ed, I'll stick with my LGS Scheels. They do a very good job. For me, they started in my town so I'm pretty loyal. They still have the corporate office here.

Wish I did, but I don't have a Scheels to deal with. Here, it's Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Cabelas or the Internet.... Usually the net.

Local shops are small here.

Having a local Cabelas is awesome. If you need something and are willing to wait for it to go on sale, eventually it will and usually at a price that can't be touched anywhere.

Plus most of the gear that wears the Cabelas logo has an awesome no fault, lifetime warranty. EVERYTHING bought at Cabelas has a no questions asked 90 day return policy. If you don't like it, bring it back. I bought a Oregon 650 GPS unit and was having trouble withe it eating battery life too fast. I knew I wanted to return it, but didn't want to get a new unit in the middle of hunting season. So I used it for our 5 week rifle season, then brought it back. No questions asked, all money refunded. Cabelas customer service is second to none.

Just say'n that in my neck of the woods Cabelas plays second fiddle to Sportsman's warehouse.

Actually neither of them have anything that I need, except for the Sig Kilo, which Sportsman's had.

To solve the problem and to consolidate my trips to IF I purchased the newly opened Cabelas, put on my Cabela's card. I will reduce the general redneck inventory, shift the store's focus to long range hunting and install a pot belly stove, spittoon, lazy boys, dog friendly area and we'll sit around and BS the rest of winter.

I guess this LR shooting/hunting is a narrow niche to which the brick and mortar folks don't pander to.

I made my latest fairly significant LR equipment purchase from the friendly people @ at the LRH Store. Twas fair, treated nicely, convenient and I didn't affect global warming one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.