Buying new riffle... So many options! Which one!

I am looking to buy a new gun and leaning toward a 300 WM wanting to shoot a bigger bullet 210 plus. I bought a Browning X-Bolt LR but with the mag capacity I am gonna have more bullet in the case than powder (kidding) but its small under 3.5".

Buddy wants to buy it. I have since considered the following but don't know every gun I research has as much bad as good seams like.

I have on the list...
Remington XCR TLR
Remington Sendero
Bergara (something not 14#'s finished)

I had thought of a Tikka T3Lite but with the 1:11 its not gonna work bullet wise. Thoughts on any of these or something I missed? I have a budget of about $2k and I am not opposed to 300wsm or 7mag but I have a bunch of brass and dies for the WM that is why I am leaning to that.

Thanks for the input. I also have a nice VX6HD waiting so looking for something nice to stick it on!
Have you thought of a Model 70 Winchester? You can get into one with a scope for less than $2K. I'd give serious to the .338 Winnie which allows you to shoot 225 grains or the .375 H&H which allows you to go down to 250 grain. The trade-offs being more recoil and more expensive ammo but they allow you to go to larger game if that would ever be on your agenda.

A Tikka build in 300wsm is what I would do. Get a t3 used. Put on a prefit. Mesa carbon stock. And still have enough money left over for a good set of dies. Just get a 7mag or 300winnie version and you will be able to seat the bullets real long and get all the performance from it. Or any t3 if it's cheap enough. They are real simple to open the bolt face on and a long action bolt stop is easy too. 10 twist will handle up to the 230s any heavier than that and I would go for a 300 Rum.
Shep

I am looking at same type of build. My gun builder is saying Weatherby Accumark with 190 bergers is it. I have compared Bergaras, Browning, Savages, And Tikkas, but Accumark has everything for $1800. I dont see many Weatherby fans, buy I am leaning that direction. Buddy bought the new Savage 110 Hunter and says its a sweet shooter with great brake, problem is most of these are 24 inch barrels, Weather by is 26inch so for a 1k yd gun, that is a factor for me. Twice the cost of the Savage. Thoughts or experience with WBY Accumark 300 wm?
I have an accumark in 338-378 wm and its a tack driver

I am looking to buy a new gun and leaning toward a 300 WM wanting to shoot a bigger bullet 210 plus. I bought a Browning X-Bolt LR but with the mag capacity I am gonna have more bullet in the case than powder (kidding) but its small under 3.5".

Buddy wants to buy it. I have since considered the following but don't know every gun I research has as much bad as good seams like.

I have on the list...
Remington XCR TLR
Remington Sendero

I had thought of a Tikka T3Lite but with the 1:11 its not gonna work bullet wise. Thoughts on any of these or something I missed? I have a budget of about $2k and I am not opposed to 300wsm or 7mag but I have a bunch of brass and dies for the WM that is why I am leaning to that.

Thanks for the input. I also have a nice VX6HD waiting so looking for something nice to stick it on!
Toss Bergara...look at Weatherby and Howa.

A Tikka build in 300wsm is what I would do. Get a t3 used. Put on a prefit. Mesa carbon stock. And still have enough money left over for a good set of dies. Just get a 7mag or 300winnie version and you will be able to seat the bullets real long and get all the performance from it. Or any t3 if it's cheap enough. They are real simple to open the bolt face on and a long action bolt stop is easy too. 10 twist will handle up to the 230s any heavier than that and I would go for a 300 Rum.
Shep
This sounds like a sweet gun! The reason I strayed away from tikka they were all 1:11 which is kind of going away from what I was wanting bullet wise. I may have to be satisfied with 190.

I did but the ones I looked at in Sportrmans must of been there for a year cause the action felt like it had old loktite in it. Other wise seamed nice I was looking at them for sure and the Fierce as well.
I'm a big fan after buying one. They shoot great

I have a customer selling his CA 300prc. But I wouldn't let anyone on this site buy it. It shoots moa til it doesn't. Those 4 to 5 inch fliers pretty much makes it useless. Yes it's been back to them and they shot one 3 shot group and proclaimed it good.
Shep

Savage with a prefix gives you a little more for high end stock and accessories. If not bighorn origin is $825, criterion or prefit $400 Highend stock $700-800.

Thanks

Buck

Do some looking on the net, some gun makers are advertising a guarantee of 1/2 MOA with factory ammo and 100 yards. I just bought a .338 Lapua Mag from Fierce, which had such a guarantee. Took 5 shots to sight in and then it shot 2 groups of 3 shots each into 1/2" at 100 yards. Even did better with handholds. No complaints.

I have on the list...
Remington XCR TLR
Remington Sendero

Depending upon your your specific application, there are better cartridge choices available today than the 300WM, but it is still a great choice....pending your specific application and personal preferences. Introduced in 1963, the old warrior 300WM is tried and true, but limited in using today's longer heavy for caliber bullets. the .300 Win. Mag. has many outdated design characteristics, starting with the entirely unnecessary belt and including its quite-short neck, which (in theory more than practice) provides a marginal grip on the bullet and can potentially allow concentricity inconsistencies. Its biggest disadvantage is a quite short 0.72-inch "head height," which is the distance between the front of the case mouth and the cartridge's SAAMI maximum overall length. Ammo factories must load to this standardized maximum, which prevents factory ammo from being loaded with long, super-sleek bullets with the very fine, gradual entry that so benefits extreme-range aerodynamics.

In contrast, the .300 PRC is engineered with the latest cutting-edge cartridge design principles, and features a 1.12-inch head height, enabling the use of very long, low-drag projectiles without intruding inside the case. You'll find this is a common thread throughout most current caliber comparisons.

The SAMMI throat of the 300WM is 0.31".....throwing a bowling ball down a hallway.....versus 300PRC 0.3088......better bullet presentation to the rifling. The 300WM is belted making headspacing less precise. 300PRC is a shoulder headspace datum line.
300PRC vs 300 Win Mag.jpg

300PRC (left) versus 300WM (right)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.