Bushnell 4200 6-24x

Tyler Kemp

I saw that Bushnell makes a "tactical" version with a 30mm tube and more adjustment than the rest of the 4200 series. Topping off a budget build with one of these seems like a wise decision, does anyone have experience with this scope? I have read the glass is similar to my Burris Signature Select, which I think is very good. It only has 50 MOA of adjustment, but right now my Burris with 22 MOA has worked fine. With a 20 MOA base I could reach well past 1000 yards, farther than I have the capability to shoot well.

I was messing around with a ballistics program, and if I zero 7.2" high with a 300 grain SMK at 2900 fps, I can use the second mil-dot on top, at 300 the first mil-dot is almost dead on, and at 400 and 500 the crosshairs are almost dead on. 600 is the bottom of the first mil-dot, 700 is dead on the second mil-dot, 1000 is the bottom of the plex. Up to 700 I think I could use holdover for distance and just dial in wind. That is, as long as the mil-dots aren't huge in this scope.

My 6-24x50 (30mm) should be in next week. I'll mount it on my 243 and try it out. Seems like a great value. If it's as good as I've heard, I may buy another for my 7wsm build.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.